- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Band 9 Sample – Topic: Social Network
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Model Answer – Topic: Driving
Explanation: The one thing that you must not do in answering a question is to give a one word answer. So the above answers avoid the first potential way to lose marks.
The answers are also 15 second long, which is long enough to answer the question in detail and at the same time short enough to stay within the recommended 1 minute for each topic. This then allows the examiner to ask all the 3 topic questions, and so gives the candidate the opportunity to get more marks.
If you plan to answer three 5 second sentences for each question in part 1 you will have enough time to answer all the questions. To recap:
A timing strategy for answering part 1 topic questions:
Review of Part 1 of the Speaking test
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!