IELTS Reading Practice Test 1
Choose the appropriate letters A-D and write them in Boxes 6-10 on your answer sheet.
- According to the writer, creative people
A. are usually born with their talents
B. are born with their talents
C. are not born with their talents
D. are geniuses
- According to the writer, creativity is …
A. a gift from God or nature
B. an automatic response
C. difficult for many people to achieve
D. a well-trodden path
- According to the writer, …
A. the human race’s fight to live is becoming a tyranny
B. the human brain is blocked with cholesterol
C. the human race is now circumscribed by talents
D. the human race’s light to survive stifles creative ability
- Advancing technology …
A. holds creativity in check
B. improves creativity
C. enhances creativity
D. is a tyranny
- According to the author, creativity
A. is common
B. is increasingly common
C. is becoming rarer and rarer
D. is a rare commodity
Do the statements below agree with the Information in Reading Passage 1?
In Boxes 11-15, write:
Yes if the statement agrees with the information in the passage
No if the statement contradicts the information in the passage
Not Given if there is no information about the statement in the passage
Example: In some people, habits are more strongly Ingrained than in others,
- Rules and regulations arc examples of parameters.
- The truly creative mind is associated with the need for free speech and a totally free society.
- One problem with creativity is that people think it is impossible.
- The act of creation is linked to madness.
- Parameters help the mind by holding ideas and helping them to develop.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!