Check out IELTS Speaking Recent Actual Test in July 2017
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you think your job is hard?
– Why do you think so?
– Have you ever learned to play a musical instrument?
I learned to play the organ when I was in kindergarten. It was quite funny because I started out as one of the performers, then my teacher told my mom that I had better play the organ instead of performing, so I became her trainee and it continued for around 4 to 5 years until I was 10.
– Do you have one friend or lots of friends? Why is it so?
Describe an interesting neighbor
You should say:
Who the person is
How long do you know the person
And explain the reason why you think the person is interesting
My family live in a truly friendly neighborhood where people are more than willing to support each other whenever somebody is in need, which is also why we are all very close. Among them, Charlie – a kind middle-aged man and my father’s best friend – is the one I find most intriguing, yet mysterious at the same time.
Charlie has been living next door for how long that I can hardly recall, but I know for certain that his baking skill is off the charts – another reason why he’s my favorite. When I was younger, Charlie and his wife usually came over our house on weekend where we had barbecue and cold drinks together and Charlie would make special chocolate cookies for me everytime. My first impression about him wasn’t that pleasant though since he grew full beard and had a scary eagle tattooed on his bicep, which was terrifying for any little girl. In spite of his not-so-friendly appearance, Charlie is a true softie who acts like a mother hen occasionally. Then I understand why there’s a saying “Don’t judge a book by its cover”. Besides his talent in the kitchen, he is such an amazing story teller that I kept tailing him, literally, as a kid for more extraordinary tales. What makes his stories appealing is not only his warm voice but the underlying messages that he tries to deliver through them. I have learnt a lot from Charlie and he is like my unofficial god father, which makes him hold a very special place in my heart.
Middle-aged (adj): no longer young but not yet old
Intriguing (a): very interesting because of being unusual or not having an obvious answer
Be off the charts: much better than usual
Impression (n): an idea, a feeling or an opinion that you get about somebody/something, or that somebody/something gives you
Softie (n): a kind, sympathetic or emotional person
Mother hen (n): a person who likes to care for and protect people and who worries about them a lot
Underlying (a): important in a situation but not always easily noticed or stated clearly
Appealing (a): attractive or interesting
– How is the neighbourhood in your home country?
– Is it difficult to get along with neighbours in city areas?
– What can be done if your neighbours are loud and noisy?
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!