IELTS Cue Card for IELTS Speaking Part 2:
Describe a person (you know), much older than you, who you admire.
You should say:
who this person is
how you know this person
how this person has influenced you
and explain why you admire this person
BAND 8.0+ MODEL ANSWER:
- IELTS Speaking Actual Test in Australia – May 2017 & Sample Answers
- IELTS Speaking Recent Actual Test in January 2017 & Sample Answers
- IELTS SPEAKING PRACTICE TEST 39 & BAND 8.0 SAMPLE ANSWERS
- IELTS Speaking Actual Test in Canada – Feb 2019 & Band 9 Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Practice Test 4 in 2019 & Model Answers
I would like to describe one of my teachers who taught me at high school. She had a great influence on me and was a role model whom I look up to.
Her name is Yen and she taught me Math for 3 years of high school. She was in her 50s, and so she had a lot of teaching experience. Actually, we met each other almost everyday as she was also my form teacher. She cared about us as if we had been her sons and daughters. For example, she always brought some kinds of medicines so that whenever her students got a cold, coughed or something like that, she would give them the medicines immediately.
Above all, I was most influenced by the way she taught us in class. Her thoroughness in teaching inspired me to study Math, even though I had not been interested in the subject before. Thanks to her effective teaching method, I was able to pass the university entrance exam with a high Math grade. Besides, I was also influenced by her lifestyle, which was so simple and worthy of respect that I really wanted to copy her. As she is a warm-hearted person, she always gave us advice about any problems we faced. At times, I felt that she was like my friend who I could share everything with.
Although we have now all graduated from high school, my friends and I often visit her at the weekends to tell her about our daily life at university.
+ role model: [noun phrase] a person that you admire and try to copy.
Example: Parents are usually the most important role models for a child.
+ in her 50s: [expression] between the ages of 50 and 59.
Example: My mother retired from her job as a teacher when she was in her 50s.
+ cared about: [phrasal verb] felt that we were important and worth worrying about.
Example: Everybody had a good opinion of the hospital – the doctors and nurses really cared about the health of the patients.
+ thoroughness: [noun] the quality of doing things very carefully and with great attention to detail.
Example: The report was perfectly organised and included every important detail, and I had to admire his thoroughness.
+ lifestyle: [noun] the way in which a person or group of people live and work.
Example: When I moved to the countryside from Hanoi, I had to change my lifestyle completely.
+ warm-hearted: [adjective] kind and generous
Example: He often gave money and chatted in the street to poor people that he knew – he was a very warm-hearted person.
By IELTS Ngoc Bach
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!