IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Street Markets
1. Are street markets popular in your country?
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 in 2017 – Topic: Holiday & Sample Answers
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Running
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Dream with Model Answers
- 100 IELTS Speaking Topics Part 1 2019 & Suggested Answers
- Band 9 Sample IELTS Speaking Part 1 Answers with Audio – Topic: Alone
Absolutely! Street food and markets are a huge part of my culture. Many, no matter rich or poor, go to the streets in the morning to pick up the freshest produce from the street vendors. The thing is that the street produce is the best quality and price! You simply cannot find fish or crabs straight out of (directly)the water onto your plate in a supermarket.
2. What is usually sold there?
Principally food, but also miscellaneous items. For example, there’s a street that sells different electrical parts, secondhand clothing, decorations, and shoes. But still, the main event is the fresh produce, fish, and meats. That’s what defines our street market.
3. Do you think people like street markets?
Definitely. No matter what your economic status (how much money you have) is, there is always something for you. Moreover, our street markets are famed for freshness and quality at the lowest prices, so why would dislike that? On the other hand, some people fear being ripped off (being charged a higher price), so they avoid the street markets.