IELTS Speaking Part 1 Questions – Topic: listening to Music & Band 8.0 Sample
- 1 Music
- 1.1 1. Do you like listening to music?
- 1.2 2. When do you listen to music?
- 1.3 3. Did you learn to play a musical instrument when you were a child?/Have oyu ever learned to play a musical instrument?
- 1.4 4. Did you have any music classes in school?/Did you learn music at school?
- 1.5 5. Do you think it is necessary for children to have music classes?
- 1.6 6. What do you think of your country’s traditional music?
- 1.7 7. How much time do you spend listening to music every day?
- 1.8 8. What is your favorite kind of music?
- 1.9 9. When did you start listening to this type of music?
- 1.10 10. How do you feel when you listening to music?
- 1.11 Bonus cue card:
- 1.12 Related Posts:
1. Do you like listening to music?
I love listening to music, especially music from the US and the UK. My favorite artists are Miley Cyrus and Troye Sivan; their songs always sound awesome to me.
2. When do you listen to music?
Basically I listen to music whenever I feel like doing so, but maybe I most often do that before going to sleep, when I’m on the bus, or when I don’t have any important tasks to work on.
3. Did you learn to play a musical instrument when you were a child?/Have oyu ever learned to play a musical instrument?
I didn’t take up any musical instruments, and haven’t still. I have always wanted to learn to play the piano ever since I was a kid, but never got the chance too. I’m planning on getting some piano lessons this summer.
4. Did you have any music classes in school?/Did you learn music at school?
I used to have music lessons back when I was in primary school and secondary school only. I really loved my music class in secondary school – for our midterm and final tests, we had to form a group of at least four and perform a certain song that we chose ourselves. It was so much fun.
5. Do you think it is necessary for children to have music classes?
In my opinion, children should always have music classes. Music has been scientifically proven to have positive influences on one’s way of thinking and feeling, so it will do people good if they can experience music from an early age.
6. What do you think of your country’s traditional music?
It’s not really to my taste, to be honest. However, I really like listening to songs created during the war though. Maybe because my dad was a soldier, he often told me stories about his years in the army and so I can somehow relate deeply to those kinds of songs.
7. How much time do you spend listening to music every day?
It depends. I often listen to music when I’m doing the housework or when I’m on the bus. At that time, I feel like I can immerse myself in my own world. When I need to really concentrate on school work, I don’t really listen to music as it can cause some real unwelcomed distraction.
8. What is your favorite kind of music?
I don’t have a particular taste in music. I can pretty much listen to everything as long as it sounds good to me. Still, I can hardly listen to traditional music, some countries’ folk songs and several tracks belonging to the classical genre.
9. When did you start listening to this type of music?
Let’s just say I’m into rock music. The first time I heard a rock song was when my dad turned on the TV and there was a performance of a very famous rock band called “XYZ”. It was absolutely stunning. I started searching for more songs from the band, and songs belonging to the same genre, and have decided ever since that rock music would be a part of my spiritual life.
10. How do you feel when you listening to music?
Relaxed and free, I guess. Music, to me, is a way of hiding from all the hustle and bustle of everyday life. I listen to music when I’m under a lot of pressure, and I just feel so fine. It’s the feeling of finally coming home after years and years of living far away, I think.
Bonus question: What instrument do you like listening to most?
Bonus cue card:
|If you could learn a musical instrument, what would it be? You should say:
Also check :