- 1 IELTS Speaking Part 3
- 2 Model Answers for 50 IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topics & Questions
- 2.1 1. Love, Dating & Marriage
- 2.2 2. Advertising
- 2.3 Model Answers
- 2.4 3. Animals & Pets
- 2.5 4. Law
- 2.6 Model Answers
- 2.7 5. School subjects
- 2.8 6. Cellphones
- 2.9 7. City & Countryside
- 2.10 8. Music
- 2.11 9.Handwriting
- 2.12 10. Weather
- 2.13 11. Work/Job
- 2.14 12. Public speaking
- 2.15 13. Shopping
- 2.16 14. Time management
- 2.17 15. Toys
- 2.18 16. Politeness
- 2.19 17. Books & Reading
- 2.20 18. Culture
- 2.21 19. Family
- 2.22 20. Education
- 2.23 21. Food & Eating
- 2.24 22. Free time & Hobbies
- 2.25 23. Friends
- 2.26 24. Plan
- 2.27 25. Gender roles
- 2.28 26. Health
- 2.29 27. Internet
- 2.30 28. Sports and Competition
- 2.31 29. Language
- 2.32 Model Answers
- 2.33 30. Money
- 2.34 32. Social network
- 2.35 33. Teenagers
- 2.36 34. Transportation
- 2.37 35. Travel & Holidays
- 2.38 36. Parents/ Children
- 2.39 37. News/Magazines
- 2.40 38. Environment & Pollution
- 2.41 39. Fashion & Clothes
- 2.42 40. Generation gap
- 2.43 Model Answers
- 2.44 41. Television
- 2.45 42. Photography
- 2.46 43. Films/ Movie
- 2.47 Model Answers
- 2.48 44. Retirement and old age
- 2.49 45. Universities
- 2.50 46. Leadership and politics
- 2.51 47. Life experience
- 2.52 48. Invention & Creativity
- 2.53 49. Famous people/ Celebrities
- 2.54 50. Decisions
- 2.55 Download 50 IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topics & Questions with Suggested Answers (PDF)
- 2.56 Related Posts:
IELTS Speaking Part 3
In IELTS Speaking Part 3, the examiner will ask a broader range of questions based on the IELTS Speaking part 2. He/She will also expect answers with an explanation and examples in general. The time will be strictly controlled in this part.
Model Answers for 50 IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topics & Questions
IELTS Speaking Part 3 is a two-way discussion with the examiner and will last for around 4-5 minutes.
In this section, the IELTS examiner will ask you a broader range of questions which will be based on the topics discussed in part 2. It’s more like an opportunity to give your opinions on more abstract issues and ideas.
But bear in mind that the IELTS examiner won’t evaluate you based on your opinions. You should make sure to speak fluently, structure your sentences appropriately, and use a wide range of vocabulary.
Now let’s dive into our collection of 50 topics for IELTS Speaking Part 3. The topics include:
Love & Marriage
Animals & Pets
City & Countryside
Book & reading
Food & eating
Free time & Hobbies
Science & Technology
Environment & Pollution
Fashion & Clothes
Sport & Competition
1. Love, Dating & Marriage
- If you are 35 years old and unmarried, would you still wait for your true love? Why?
- Who will pay for the wedding costs? Man, woman or both? Why?
- What do you think is the best age to get married?
- Do you think weddings in your country waste a lot of money?
- At what age do most people in your country get married?
- Does getting married mean giving up your freedom?
- Is it okay for a couple to live together before getting married? Why or Why not?
- Is it better to be single or to be married?
- Is it OK to marry someone from a different religion?
- Is it OK for a man to have two wives?
- Do people change after getting married?
- What makes a happy marriage?
- What is the most important ingredient in a happy marriage?
- What are some advantages of an international marriage?
- Is it good for children to have parents from two different countries? Why?
- Do you think that gays should be allowed to marry?
- How do advertisements attract attention?
- Do young and old people show the same attitude towards advertisements?
- Are advertisements a good or bad influence on children?
- Do advertisements actually influence people to buy things? How?
- What are the harmful and beneficial effects of advertising?
- Do you think advertising should be allowed to interrupt TV or radio programs? What are the alternatives?
- What are the different methods of advertising?
- What is the most popular way of advertising?
- Do you think that ads create a desire for more and more material possessions?
3. Animals & Pets
- Do you think animals have feelings and rights? (Why?/Why not?)
- Some people breed animals such as dogs for money. How do you feel about that?
- Do you think there should be laws to protect the welfare of pets and farm animals? (For example, laws against cruel treatment.) Why?/Why not?
- Are there any wild animals in your country that are not found in any other country?
- Are there any animal reserves in your country where wild animals can live with protection?
- How do people feel about the protection of wild animals?
- Have you seen any TV programs about animals?
- What should we do to protect endangered animals?
- Why do some people refuse to eat animals?
- What would happen when some species disappear from the earth?
- Do you think it is right to keep wild animals in captivity all their life?
- How do you feel about the use of animals for medical research?
- Is it morally right to spend a lot of money on pets, rather than helping people in need?
- What can children learn by having a pet?
- What can people learn from animals?
- Why do some people not like pets?
- What are the pros and cons of keeping a pet?
- Are there laws regarding hunting, in your country?
- Do you think that people obey the law all the time?
- Do people like being a policeman in your country?
- What qualities should a police officer have?
- Why do some people prefer to be a lawyer over being a policeman?
5. School subjects
- Can computers help us with math?
- What methods can be applied to make math class more interesting?
- How do schools teach math in your country?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a calculator?
- Do you think students should be able to choose the subjects they like?
- What subject would be added to high school?
- Which is the most useful subject?
- Can the students in your country choose their favourite subjects?
- For children, from what age do you think it becomes suitable for them to use cellphones?
- Is it common for children to use cellphones in your country?
- What do teenagers in your country use cellphones for?
- What are the advantages/disadvantages of using a cellphone?
- Why are so many people addicted to social apps?
7. City & Countryside
- What are the advantages of living in the countryside?
- What are the disadvantages of living in the countryside?
- What kinds of people live in the countryside?
- What do people living in the countryside like to do?
- How has life changed over time in the countryside?
- Do you think it is better to live in the city or in the countryside?
- Do you think landmarks make a city more famous, why?
- What interesting things can we do in big cities?
- What’s the difference between living in the city and in the countryside?
- Why do you think that some local singers or musicians aren’t as successful as some from other countries?
- Do you think the Internet has affected the music industry? In what ways?
- Do you think there will be further changes in the music industry in the future?
- Do you think the music young people listen to in your country is becoming more globalized? Why/Why not?
- Is handwriting still important?
- Is it possible to improve a student’s handwriting after years?
- Is being left-handed the cause of the problem?
- Are handwriting problems more common in boys?
- What is the future of handwriting?
- Do you think that handwriting expresses the personality?
- Do you think the weather has an influence on people’s mood?
- How do you feel about the climate in recent years?
- What can we do to stop the greenhouse effect?
- What are the possible results if the temperature continues going up?
- What do people usually do in winter?
- What are the new jobs that comes up in extreme weather ?
- How do people find it, to work in extremely cold or hot weather?
- How do extremely cold or hot weathers help people?
- Do children enjoy extremely cold weather?
- Is salary important to you? What is the impact of salary on doing work?
- What kinds of jobs are easy to get in, in a foreign country?
- Should young adults work abroad?
- Is it hard to find an interesting job in your country?
- What kinds of preparation should people do for a job interview?
- Why do some people keep changing their jobs?
- What should a good employer do?
- How would you define ‘an interesting job’?
- What are the disadvantages of working overtime?
12. Public speaking
- Why do people get nervous when they have to give a speech?
- How can people improve their public speaking skills?
- Can you suggest any methods that would help reduce nervousness?
- Why do most people feel nervous when it comes to public speaking?
- Is it good for people to visit schools and give a talk to children?
- What kinds of people should be invited to give a speech?
- Is listening to speeches important for children?
- What is required to be a good public speaker?
- In what occasion would you be a good listener?
- Why do some people choose to do their shopping in a street market rather than the shopping mall?
- Do you think that discounted goods have good value?
- How often do people in your country go shopping?
- What kinds of places are popular for shopping in your country?
- Do you think online shopping will replace shopping in reality?
- Have you ever have had a bad shopping experience?
- What would you do if you bought something disappointing from the internet?
- How has online shopping become popular these days?
- Is it necessary for companies to set up customer service?
- What products or services do people in your country like to complain about?
- Would you buy anything from a shop about which you have complained about earlier?
- Do you think customers’ complaints will improve products or services?
- Are there any disadvantages to set up customer service?
14. Time management
- What is the main reason people don’t have enough time?
- How can people balance their time between work and private life?
- Is it important for people to relax during the day?
- Can people control their time more wisely when they get older?
- Do modern technologies make people use time up or reduce the time?
- Do you think its better for a child to play with their toys alone or with other kids?
- Why do parents buy lots of toys for their children?
- What are the differences between today’s toys and olden toys?
- What factors should you keep in mind while purchasing a toy?
- Would you allow children to buy toys of their choice?
- Are people more polite with non-family members than they are with their parents?
- Are people today as polite as people were in the past?
- Why is it important to show respect to others?
- How do people show politeness in your country?
- How do you deal with impolite people?
- What kinds of behaviour are considered impolite?
17. Books & Reading
- What kinds of books do old people like to read?
- Are you a good storyteller?
- How do you think people will read in the future?
- Do you think that the internet and television will eventually make books obsolete?
- Do you think that it is more valuable to read a book than to watch television?
- What kind of books are considered good reads in your opinion?
- Do you regard famous writers as good role models?
- Do you think that people read nowadays as they did in the past?
- How does our reading habit change as we grow up? Why does it happen?
- If a movie is based on a book, would you prefer to read the book or to watch the film? Why?
- Do you think it’s important to know about other cultures?
- How can we benefit from learning about other cultures?
- What do you think is the best way to learn about another culture?
- Do you think that learning foreign languages can help us understand foreign cultures?
- What does it mean to be polite in your culture?
- What is considered rude in your culture?
- If a group of people came to your country from overseas, what advice would you give them?
- What is culture shock?
- What is the best/most important thing your culture/country was adopted from another culture?
- What are the five most important values of your culture? (For example, Family)
- What are some things that define a culture? For example, music, language, …
- In a typical family, who plays the leading role?
- In your country, what kinds of family members usually live together?
- Do young and middle-age people live with old people?
- Is the nanny and/or the day-care centre the third parent?
- Where is the best place to raise a family?
- Should schools teach both arts and science?
- What kinds of courses are useful for university students?
- Why do some students dislike studying at school?
- What school activities are good for schoolchildren?
- Are there good colleges in your country?
- Are college tuitions reasonable in your country?
- Do many people in your country study abroad?
- Are women encouraged to pursue education?
- Do you think teachers are paid enough?
- Do you think your country should spend more money on schools?
- Do you think it is easier to learn as a child or as an adult?
- Does education guarantee a good job?
- Is it difficult for people without a college education to get good jobs where you live?
- What are the qualities of a good teacher?
- What are the qualities of a good student?
- Does your country provide a good public school system?
- What improvements does the school system need?
21. Food & Eating
- Describe what you think is a healthy diet
- Are there many vegetarians in your country?
- Why do you think some people choose to be vegetarians?
- Is the food that people eat today in your country different from the food that people used to eat in the past? (if yes, in what ways has it changed?)
- How do you think the way we eat will change in the future?
- Is American-style ‘fast food’ popular in your country? (Why? Popular with whom?)
- What do you think of this popularity is it a good thing?
- More and more people are overweight nowadays. What do you think might be the cause of this?
- What does a typical meal consist of in your country?
- Do you think a vegetarian diet is better than a diet that includes meat?
- Do you think that food defines a culture? If so, how?
- Do you think fast food, soda and sweets should be sold in school cafeterias?
- How many meals a day should people eat?
22. Free time & Hobbies
- How do people in your country spend their free time?
- How does finance affect the way people spend their free time?
- Is it important to have a hobby?
- Is it harmful to spend too much time on a hobby?
- Where do young people in this country usually spend their free time?
- How do the men in your family usually spend their free time?
- How do the women in your country usually spend their free time?
- Do men and women spend their free time differently? How?
- Which hobbies are the most popular with women in your country? And with men?
- Do people’s leisure time activities change as they get older? How?
- Why do some people lose contact with their childhood friends?
- How do people in your country make friends these days?
- Why is it hard to maintain friendships?
- Why is it easier to make friends on the internet than in reality?
- What qualities do you think are important in a friend?
- Do you think it is a good idea to borrow money from a friend? Why or why not?
- What factors may result in the breakdown of a good friendship?
- Friendship is the most important relationship. Do you agree? Why? Why not?
- Which do you prefer? Having a plan or having no plan?
- In general, do you think planning is important?
- Why do people make plans?
25. Gender roles
- Is it possible for women to join the army in your country?
- Is it compulsory for men to join the army in your country?
- In your country are the responsibilities of a mother the same as the responsibilities of a father to their families?
- What are the responsibilities of a father/mother in a family?
- What behaviours are deemed as appropriate for men but inappropriate for women?
- What habits are deemed as appropriate for men but inappropriate for women?
- What jobs are deemed as appropriate for men but inappropriate for women?
- Are men and women equal in ability and intelligence?
- Are more doctors female or male in your country?
- Are more professional musicians female or male in your country?
- Are more teachers female or male in your country?
- What things can either men or women do that the other cannot do and why?
- Is it OK for men to cry?
- Is it common for women and men to take part in sporting activities?
- Are there more male or female managers and executives? Why do you think this is?
- What jobs do men do and women don’t in your country?
- Do women pay more attention to their health than men?
- Could governments do more to promote healthier lifestyle options?
- Do you think most people worry more about their health as they get older?
- What do old people in your country do to keep fit?
- What else people can do to keep fit besides sports?
- Do you think that the tobacco companies should be held reasonably responsible for a person’s addiction to nicotine?
- Should smoking in restaurants be banned?
- What are some things people can do to keep healthy?
- What foods do you think are unhealthy?
- Do you think traditional medicine is a good alternative to modern medicine?
- What are the advantages or disadvantages of modern medicine?
- What are the advantages or disadvantages of traditional medicine?
- Is it possible to maintain a healthy lifestyle in this modern world?
- Why do many people try to have a healthy lifestyle?
- What are the most efficient ways to lose weight?
- Is physical activity (jogging, going to a gym, swimming pool) an important part of a healthy lifestyle?
- What are some of the different reasons why people use the Internet?
- Some people say that different age groups have different tastes on Internet contents. What do you think?
- What influences can (or, does) the Internet has on children/teenagers?
- Do you think parents should control what Internet sites their children visit on the Internet?
- What (kinds of) people don’t use the internet?
- What are the disadvantages people suffer because they do not use the Internet?
- Do you think our lives have been improved by the Internet?
- Do men and women use the internet for different purposes?
- What is the best thing about the Internet?
- What problems does the Internet create? What problems does it solve?
- Do you think governments have the right to censor the Internet?
- Do you think that it is important for schools to have Internet access? Why?
- Do you think that the Internet is safe for children? Why
28. Sports and Competition
- What kinds of sports are popular in your country?
- What else people can do to keep fit besides sports?
- Do you think young people should play dangerous sports?
- What do parents do to make their children like sports?
- Why competition programs are so popular?
- Whom do you think will take part in the competition?
- Do people need competitive spirits at work?
- What are the benefits of playing a sport?
- Do you think the types of sport that are popular will change in the future?
- Is there any violence at sporting events in your country?
- Why are some sports fans so passionate?
- Should athletes be better role models?
- Is it important for a country to win lots of medals?
- How can sports bring people from different countries closer together?
- What kind of quality should a language teacher have?
- Why do people want to learn a foreign language?
- Which language is likely to become dominant in the future?
- Do you think that endangering languages should be protected or should we just let them fade away?
- What are the advantages & disadvantages of being monolingual?
- Should foreign language study be required?
- Why is English used in so many places?
- Do you think language affects thought?
- Do you think that a language other than English should be used as an “international language”?
- Why do young people tend to waste money?
- What kinds of things do people like to buy in your country?
- How do people become rich?
- Why do people often want more money, no matter how much they have got?
- What are some reasons for people being poor? Can poverty be avoided?
- Why are poor people in many cases more generous than rich people?
- Do you think that riches can have a bad effect on a person? How?
- Do you think taxes in your country are too high/low?
- If you were the ruler of your country, what would you do to change the taxation system?
- Should parents give a credit card to teenagers?
- How do you think the government uses all the taxes they collect?
- Can a person be rich without having a lot of money or possessions? How?
31. Science & Technology
- What is the most common type of technology used by people in your country?
- Are there any other sectors that need technology?
- Is it possible to live without technology?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of technology?
- What is the impact of technology on people’s lives?
- How do you think modern technology will change the way people work in the future?
- How can technology make our life easier?
- What are some of the greatest technological achievements?
- What is the difference between science and technology?
- Do you think robots will cause unemployment (loss of jobs) in the future or make more work? Why?
- How do you think face to face communication differs from communication using computers?
- What are the good and bad aspects of using a computer?
- What social changes have cell phones made?
- Do you think using cell phones too much is bad for our physical or mental health? Why?
- To stop global warming that the amount of car driving should be limited or changed? What do you think?
- Do you think modern technology reduces or increases stress? Why?
- Do you think money should be spent to explore space or is it better spent helping people on earth? Why?
- What is your opinion about children playing violent video games or computer programs?
- What do you think should be done to people who spread viruses, start hoaxes or create spam on the Internet?
- How have technological advances affected our life?
32. Social network
- Which social networking platform do people in your country usually use?
- What are some good aspects of social networking?
- What are some bad aspects of social networking?
- What type of information should you put on social networking sites?
- How much freedom should parents give to their teenagers?
- What do you think are some of the greatest problems affecting teenagers today?
- How does media affect the thinking patterns of the teenagers of today?
- Do you think teenagers today should show more respect for adults?
- What’s the difference between teenage girls and teenage boys?
- At what age should teenagers be allowed to leave school?
- At what age should teenagers be allowed to drink?
- At what age should teenagers be allowed to drive?
- Do you think it is better to raise teenagers in the city, a small town, or the country?
- What is it like to be a teenager in your society?
- What are the advantages of being a teenager?
- What measures should the government take to solve transportation problems?
- What types of public transport can be found in your country?
- What types of public transport do you use most?
- Are there any public transport problems in your country?
- How to encourage more people to take public transportation?
- What are the causes and contributing factors to traffic congestion
- What measures should the government take to solve transportation problems?
- What types of public transport can be found in your country?
- Are there any public transport problems in your country?
- At what age does the average person obtain a driver’s license?
- How do you think countries can reduce congestion on the roads?
- Is there any environment-friendly transportation in your area?
- Are there speed limits in your country?
- What is the penalty for speeding in your country?
- How important do you think it is to use public transportation?
- Do you think city governments should discourage the use of privately driven cars within city limits?
- How could public transportation in your city be improved?
- Do you think that we ought to be obligated to drive electrical and solar-powered vehicles?
- Is public transportation in your city efficient?
- Is public transportation in your city too expensive?
- Do you think that governments should encourage public transportation more?
35. Travel & Holidays
- Do you think modern life gives people enough time for leisure?
- What’s the most important factor for a tourist attraction?
- Do you think we should have more public holidays?
- What do people need before travelling to another country?
- Is there any difference between young tourists and adult tourists?
- Do you think tourism will harm the earth?
- Which method of travel do you consider the safest?
- How easy is it to travel around your country?
- Has travel become safer in recent years?
- What are the pros and cons of low-cost air travel?
- How do you think people will travel in the future?
- How do you think travelling today is different from what it was several decades ago?
- In 20 or 30 years, how do you think travelling will be different compared to how it is today?
36. Parents/ Children
- What are the parents’ responsibilities towards their children?
- What’s the influence of parents on their children?
- What would children do to make their parents proud?
- What do you think are some of the most difficult problems faced by parents?
- Should parents reward their children for the good things that they do?
- Should a good mother give up her job to stay at home with her children?
- Do you think there should be a maximum age for parents to have a new child?
- Do you think it is OK to breast-feed in public?
- Do you think gay couples can be good parents to adopted children?
- What do you think about single mothers?
- What kind of magazines are popular?
- Is being a journalist an interesting job?
- Why do some journalists go to the battlefield to report the war?
- Why do some people still read paper magazines?
- Do you think it’s important to keep up with the news?
- What are the main differences between magazines and newspapers?
- Why do some people only read the headlines when they read a newspaper?
- What is the role of newspapers in society?
- Why do we buy newspapers?
- Do you think that news is censored in some countries?
- Will newspapers disappear in the future?
- What would the world be like without news?
- How has it changed over the years?
- Do you think people need to know all of the news?
- Do you think it’s important to read the newspaper and know what is going on in the world? Why or why not?
38. Environment & Pollution
- What do you think is the main danger the world faces in terms of the environment?
- What examples are there of people damaging the natural world?
- Are there litter laws in your country?
- What is the penalty for littering in your country?
- Are there any lessons to learn from nature?
- Do you think cars should be banned from city centres?
- Do you think people should recycle newspapers? Why or why not?
- What are some things that can be recycled?
- What are some things that your community is doing to help the environment?
- What are some types of pollution?
- What can large cities do to improve their air quality?
- What is the most important issue facing the environment today?
- Whom do you think is more responsible for pollution, individual people or the government? Explain.
- Do you know about any anti-pollution programs in your community?
- Are companies more or less environmentally responsible now than they were in the past?
- What types of energy are popular in your native country?
- What are some ways energy is wasted?
- What is the main problem with renewable energy sources?
- Do you think overpopulation is an important environmental issue? Why or why not?
- How can we protect the environment and at the same time improve people’s standard of living?
- What should we do to increase awareness about environmental pollution?
- What is global warming?
- Do you think nuclear power is safe? To whom should it be allowed and why?
- In what ways can we save more water?
39. Fashion & Clothes
- What kinds of clothes do people wear after work?
- Do you think it is necessary for children to wear school uniforms?
- Where do people in your country buy clothes?
- When do people wear formal clothes?
- Will the way we dress influence the way we behave?
- Do people wear formal clothes more often or less often than in the past?
- Why do some people care about following fashion trends?
- When is it important to dress formally?
- How different are the clothes you wear now from those you wore 10 years ago?
- Do you think dress codes should be adhered to if requested on an invitation?
- What items of clothing do people not wear anymore?
- What do you think, the clothes we wear say about us?
- Is it possible to look good without spending lots of money on clothes?
- Do you think fashion trends change constantly?
- Do you think people behave differently in different kinds of clothes?
- Are people’s ideas about fashion today the same as people’s ideas in previous years?
40. Generation gap
- Why do some young people dislike living with old people?
- What are the advantages of living with old people?
- What are the causes of the generation gap?
- What’s the difference between teenagers and children?
- Is it possible for parents and children to be friends?
- How do teenagers treat old people in your country?
- What do you think would be a good solution to the generation gap problem?
- How many years of difference causes a generation gap?
- What influences the styles, values and interests of a generation?
- Are people from the “older” generation always more wise and correct in their ways of thinking and choices? Why or why not?
- Do you think it is OK to date or marry someone of a different generation to yourself, either older or younger?
- What role does technology play in creating a generation gap?
- How can a generation gap cause problems in the workplace?
- Can you see a generation gap between yourself and the younger generation? What is it concerning?
- Do you think teenagers today are better than those 30 years ago?
- Do young people like to watch TV nowadays?
- What kind of TV programs do young people like?
- Do you think TV will be replaced by computers?
- What do you think about TV advertisements?
- Why do people like watching television?
- How popular is watching television in your country?
- What types of programme are generally on television in your country?
- What effects can watching television have on children?
- How to become a professional photographer?
- Do you need a professional photographer for important events?
- What kinds of devices do people like to use for taking photos these days?
- Why do some people like to keep photos?
- Has the way people take photos changed?
- What are the pros and cons of digital photography?
- Can pictures be posted on the internet without permission?
- When does taking pictures become an invasion of privacy?
- Is it easy to take good photographs?
- Should people share their photographs online?
- Is a photograph a reliable form of identification?
43. Films/ Movie
- Is drama series popular in your country? Why?
- What is the difference between young people and old people’s favourite TV drama? Why?
- Do you think people will change their preference for TV drama when getting older?
- What is the influence of foreign show on people in your country?
- Should films and television be censored or should we be free to choose what we see?
- Do you think the cinema has increased or decreased in popularity in recent years?
- What common courtesies apply when watching a movie at the theatre?
- Should children under the age of 10 be allowed to see horror movies?
- Do you think there should be more movies made in your country?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of making films of real-life events?
- How important do you think it is for a filmmaker to remain true to the original story?
44. Retirement and old age
- When should people start saving for retirement?
- At what age should people retire from work?
- Why do some companies encourage early retirement?
- What problems can people face after retirement?
- How important are retirees to your country’s economy?
- Should all students pay for their university education?
- Is higher education too expensive in your country?
- What advantages do universities bring to society?
- How should students spend their summer vacations?
46. Leadership and politics
- Can leadership skills be taught?
- Are some people born to be leaders?
- What should a leader do to remain popular?
- Why are elected politicians often so unpopular?
47. Life experience
- What can people learn from mistakes?
- Can mistakes help people to be more successful?
- How to avoid making mistakes?
- What’s the best way to gain experience in life?
- Do you agree that we learn best from our mistakes?
- Can we gain life experience in books and movies?
- Which is more important, experience or potential?
48. Invention & Creativity
- What creative activities did you like to do when you were young?
- Why do people like to copy others’ ideas these days?
- What’s the best way to cultivate children’s creativity?
- Do you think creativity can be learned?
- Why does art help to nurture creativity?
- Which invention has transformed your country most?
- Do you think intellectual property laws are too strict?
- How long should someone be able to profit from an idea?
- Should all medicines be free to manufacture?
49. Famous people/ Celebrities
- Should actors be paid more?
- What influences do actors or actresses have on young people?
- Are there many people in your country who want to work as an actor?
- Who is more popular, TV stars or movie stars?
- Are famous people always happy?
- What makes a person famous?
- To be famous, do you think a person needs to have some special talent (or ability)?
- How do people invade the privacy of famous people?
- What are some general qualities of famous people? Do they have any qualities that are different from ordinary people?
- Compare how people become celebrities today with how people became celebrities years ago, for example, 30 or 50 years ago.
- In your opinion, were the standards for judging who is famous before better than they are now?
- What’s the most important factor in decision-making?
- Do you think adults always make better decisions than children?
- Do you like to make quick decisions?
- What can people learn from wrong decisions?
- Should parents make decisions for their children?