IELTS Writing Actual Test in January, 2016 – Topic: Internet & Newspaper
Although more and more people read the news on internet, newspapers will remain the most important source of news for the majority of people. Do you agree or disagree?
Band 8.0 Model Essay
It is true that a growing number of people are using the Internet in order to find out the latest news. While newspapers are still popular, I strongly disagree that most people will continue to rely on them as a source of news.
The first reason for my view relates to the increasing use of the Internet around the world. Today, a growing number of people have access to online news via technological gadgets such as smart phones or tablets, so they do not need to buy a newspaper to obtain news. Even in more remote corners of the world, access to the Internet is becoming more widespread and the online community is growing daily.
Secondly, online news is always up-to-date while printed news needs time for editing, printing and delivering. In this fast changing world, readers tend to expect updated information about what has just happened or is happening around them. Online news can be broadcast immediately with vivid pictures and relevant stories, making it more appealing to readers than printed news.
Finally, the Internet is a repository of information for people to dig for information that they need. Digital information can be stored in mass quantity, which allows internet users to search for events that occurred in the past. In contrast, newspapers are generally hard to preserve because of the corrosive effects of the environment and their sheer bulk makes storage difficult. This once again confirms the edge of online news.
In conclusion, I firmly believe that the Internet is even now replacing newspapers as the principal medium for accessing all the latest news.
(267 words – written by IELTS Trainer)
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!