IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic
Some people think international car-free days are an effective way of reducing air pollution, others think there are some other ways. Discuss both views and give your own opinion
It is true that humankind have been encountering the unprecedented global air pollution. While many individuals argue that curbing air pollution by introducing international car-free days is promising, I believe that other more effective methods should be taken into considerations.
On the one hand, there are various reasons why many people agree that the former approach is conducive to reduce air pollution. It stands to reason that the number the number of private cars has been increasing significantly in the new era as the result of the advent of state-of-the-art technology in car industry as well as high standard of living. Consequently, the more cars consumed, the more exhaust emissions emitted, resulting in air pollution. International car-free days, therefore, would reduce to some extent the amount of emissions stemming from this mean of transportation and obviously contribute to environmental protection in the long run.
On the other hand, I would advocate with those who contend that there are numerous approaches besides this above-mentioned one that would be more effectively. Firstly, it is fair to say that air pollution is attributable to not only the increasing car comsumption but also other resources such as emissions from industrial areas. State government, thereafter, should interfere in this field by enacting environmental laws which restrict the amount of emissions of factories. Moreover, residents could be raised awareness by encouraging them to be involved in eco-friendly activites like planting trees, using public transportation or car-pooling system, which curb a large number of vehicles in street including private cars. By doing so, not only could it tackle this problem, it but also save national budget.
In conclusion, it seems to me that applying other methods would be highly advantageous, although international car-free days could be promising to some extent.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!