Capital letters are always used for nouns in the following groups:
- countries: Germany, Britain, etc
- towns, cities, states and regions: Tokyo, Paris, Texas, New South Wales, etc.
- nationalities, ethnic groups and religions – referring to people, languages or things from a country, region or culture:
Can you speak Vietnamese?
a Buddhist temple
You can hear he’s South African from his accent
I’d like to learn more about Asian culture
- months and days of the week: October, September, Tuesday, etc.
- names of organisations and institutions: the United Nations, the National Museum, etc.
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!