IELTS READING PRACTICE 02
Reading Passage 1 has 9 paragraphs (A-I). Choose the most suitable heading for each para¬graph from the List of headings below. Write the appropriate numbers (I-xlli) in Boxes 1-8 on your answer sheet.
One of the headings has been done for you as an example.
- There are more headings than paragraphs, so you will not use all of them.
- Paragraph A
- Paragraph B
- Paragraph C
- Paragraph D
- Paragraph B
Example: Paragraph F Aruwer: xili
- Paragraph G
- Paragraph H
- Paragraph I
List of Headings
i. Diverse drinking methods
ii. Limited objections to drinking tea
iii. Today’s continuing tradition – In Britain and China
iv. Tea – a beverage of hospitality
v. An important addition – tea with milk
vi. Tea and alcohol
vii. The everyday beverage in all parts of the world
viii. Tea on the move
ix. African tea
x. The fall in the cost of tea
xi. The value of tea
xii. Tea-drinking in Africa
xiii. Hospitality among the Bedouin
Complete the sentences below. Use NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS from the passage to complete each blank space.
- For centuries, both at home and In society, tea has had an Important role in______
- Palling tea prices in the nineteenth century meant that people could choose the________ of tea they could afford.
11. Because it______ Seventh-Day Adventists do not approve of the drinking
12. In the desert, one group that is well known for Its traditions of hospitality is the_______
13. In India, _______,as well as tea, arc added to boiling milk to make “chai”.
- In Britain, while coffee is in fashion, afternoon tea is still a________
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!