READING PASSAGE 2
- Answer: C. The answer is in the first paragraph. G is incorrect, because it is the opposite of what the text says.
- Answer: I. The answer is in paragraph 2, in the second sentence. B is incorrect,because it is not mentioned as an aspect of management of one’s emotions, but as a means of managing them.
- Answer: E. The answer can be found in the second part of paragraph 2, and is a paraphrase of the sixth sentence. A is incorrect, as it is our emotions that arc said to empower and hinder us.
- Answer: H. The answer is at the start of the third paragraph.
- Answer: F. The answer is in the fourth sentence of paragraph D is incorrect, because it is emotions that arc said to be not tangible, not handling relationships. It is Important to be very wary of words or phrases that arc lifted directly from the text. They are often put into the wrong context.
- Answer: C. The answer is in the first paragraph, in the latter half of the first sentence. Alternative D is not possible, because It says at least 5, while the text says 5.
- Answer: C. The answer can be found in paragraph A Is not possible, as the text advises against suppressing or hindering emotions. The same applies to B. D does not make sense.
- Answer: C. The answer is in the fifth sentence of the third paragraph, A Is incorrect, because the text docs not say this, and It Is incomplete. B is incorrect, because the text says quantify and the exercise D is not the right answer, because it is not complete and Is nonsense.
- Answer: D. The answer is in the third paragraph, in the second sentence from the end. A is not stated. B is incorrect, because the text says … can cost money …i.e. not always. C is a phrase from the text, but is not used in the right context here.
- Answer: B. The answer can be found in the last sentence of the third paragraph. Alternative A is not mentioned In the text and the words included In C appear in the text, but do not fit here. D Is grammatically Incorrect.
- Answer: A. The answer is in the second sentence of the penultimate paragraph. The other alternatives arc obviously wrong
- Answer: C, The answer is in the last paragraph, in the last sentence, becoming less frequent is a paraphrase of fast disappearing. A is untrue, because the text does not say this. B is incorrect, because it is people who need to be re-skilled, and D docs not make sense.
- Answer: Not Given. The answer can be found in the last paragraph. The author says it is sad that people need to be re-skilled, but does not mention whether the lack of Emotional Intelligence will lead to anything.
THIS TEST IS COLLECTED & IMPLEMENTED BY IELTSMATERIAL.COM
( Free IELTS Practice Tests – Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking Test|
IELTS Exam Preparation – Free IELTS material and resources.
Download IELTS Preparation Material & Tips)
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!