READING PASSAGE 3
- Answer: vi. The answer is in the third paragraph in the first sentence, i is incorrect, because it was an anthropologist friend of Koestler who said this, ii is not correct, because Koestler was talking about his friends rather than Immigrants In general; and v is not stated as a general principle.
- Answer: 11. The answer is in paragraph 3, in the last sentence, vl is incorrect, because Plshberg was talking about immigrants in general, not his friends.
- Answer: lv. The answer can be found In the fourth paragraph, In the second sentence. Ill Is incorrect, bccausc Emerson says this is a mistaken impression.
- Answer: Not Given. The text docs not mention anything about this statement.
- Answer: No. The answer can be found in paragraph 4, in the last sentence: a completely different and no less important issue, which means, in effect, equally Important.
- Answer: Yes. The answer is In the second sentence of paragraph 5, The word these refers back to speech organs.
- Answer: Not Given. The answer is in the same place as question 33. The passage says that practice is needed to learn new phonemes, but does not mention whether or not they are difficult to learn.
- Answer: Yes. The answer is at the end of paragraph 5. The words parody and mock are synonyms of make fun of.
- Answer: Not Given. The text does not mention anything about this statement.
- Answer: D. The answer is in paragraph 7, and is a paraphrase of help their students acquire the distinctive sound of the target pronunciation.F is Incorrect, as it is incomplete.
- Answer: A. This answer can also be found In the seventh paragraph. A mental aid is said to be employede. used. I is incorrect, because the cause and effect arc the wrong way round. H is not correct, because there is no mention of which of the two accents is easier.
- Answer: E. The answer is in the first part of the last paragraph. B is Incorrect, because It is the answer to the question that is said to be irrelevant.
- Answer: G. The answer Is in the second part of the last paragraph. C is Incorrect, because It Is not pronunciation that Is worth Investigating, but the link between pronunciation and physiognomy.
THIS TEST IS COLLECTED & IMPLEMENTED BY IELTSMATERIAL.COM
( Free IELTS Practice Tests – Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking Test|
IELTS Exam Preparation – Free IELTS material and resources.
Download IELTS Preparation Material & Tips)
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!