Vocabulary for Top 9 Most Common Topics in IELTS subject Exam
Academic Vocabulary for Top 9 Most Common Topics in IELTS Exam
Vocabulary plays a critical role in achieving a high score in your IELTS test. It will be really useful for IELTS Speaking, Reading, Listening and Writing. The more vocabulary you know how to use, the more comprehensively and fluently you can understand and speak.
The key to conquering IELTS is learning the right words. It is highly likely that you will not be able to learn all new English words, so you have to make up your mind which kinds of new words you should pay focus on. In IELTS Exam, there are 9 common topics used for IELTS Writing and Speaking, namely Health, People, Energy and Environment, Media, Traffic, Home, Crime, Work, and Education.
There are some common topics that appear in the IELTS examination, and knowing these topics makes learning vocabulary easier. These words can also be used in the IELTS speaking and writing when these kinds of topics arise in the exam.
There are a multitude of ways to improve your IELTS vocabulary; however, the quickest, most intelligent way is to categorize/classify new words into different topics.
So how to learn these topics in the most effective way? Here come some general suggestions for you to learn IELTS Vocabulary in these different topics:
- Jot a new word down to a notebook in terms of various topics (with its translations or definitions)
- Write the words and definitions on sticky notes or a small piece of paper (you should write the New word on the front side and its definition on the backside. So that you can only turn the note back when you forget its meaning)
- Speak new words out repeatedly. In case you get access to the Internet, you can use the online dictionary to learn how to pronounce them.
- Make associations (in pictures or with other words)
- Have somebody to test you about new vocabulary
- Utilize them to practice for your IELTS speaking or writing
During the process of learning IELTS Vocabulary, you should have a dictionary, notebook and marker, sticky notes and some partners to practice the new words.
Below are the download links for the aforementioned top 9 common topics for IELTS Exam. Each topic includes Vocabulary and Exercise for practice, which extracted from the top-selling vocabulary IELTS books such as English Vocabulary in Use, English Collocation in Use, Cambridge IELTS Practice Test, etc
You can download here:
To see more IELTS Materials for improving Vocabulary, you can have a look at the latest posts:
- English Vocabulary in Use (Elementary)
- English Vocabulary in Use (Upper-Intermediate)
- Check your Vocabulary for the IELTS Exam
If you liked this, you will also like:
- IELTS Vocabulary books
- IELTS Grammar
- IELTS Listening words
- Sports Vocabulary IELTS
- English Pronunciation in use Intermediate pdf
- Work Vocabulary IELTS