Barron’s Writing for the IELTS will help you prepare for the writing section of the IELTS test whether you are planning to take the Academic or the General Training module.
The organization of this book follows the criteria IELTS examiners use to score your writing. If you study everything in this book, you will score well.
■ Task Achievement/Task Response
■ Coherence and Cohesion
■ Lexical Resource
■ Grammatical Range and Accuracy
In the Task Achievement/Task Response chapter, you will learn to follow a three-step model for creating an essay:
You will learn how to apply this model to each of the IELTS writing tasks. Study the sections of this chapter that focus on the version of the test that you plan to take—Academic or General Training.
Each section leads you step by step through the process of writing an essay in response to that particular task. Therefore, you should work your way through each section from beginning to end. As you study a section, you will become familiar with the types of questions you will have to respond to on the IELTS. You will also learn to complete your responses within the time limits of the test.
When you respond to the IELTS writing tasks, you must write clearly, coherently, and correctly. The next three chapters of this book will help you do that. They will help you develop skills you will need for both the Academic and General Training modules of the test.
In the Coherence and Cohesion chapter, you will practice organizing your writing and connecting your ideas. In the Lexical Resource chapter, you will learn how to develop your vocabulary and use it. correctly.
In the Grammatical Range and Accuracy chapter, you will review grammar rules and practice applying them to your writing. You can work through these chapters in order. Or, you can focus first on the parts that address your weakest areas. Then, you can use the rest for review and practice.
In the Appendix you will find a More Writing Practice section with a selection of essays written in response to IELTS writing tasks. You can study the essays as models of good writing. You can also use this section for further practice by writing your own responses to the tasks included in the section.
How to get this book?
You can download the pdf version in the link below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get it via email.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!