At a push – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS
At a push – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
probably possible, but it will be difficult
“Actually, I could finish the report by Wednesday – at a push, Tuesday.”
“I can probably raise another seventy or eighty thousand at a push.”
“Ben can win this game or at a push, break a record in this game.”
- The sentence given below contains an idiom. From the given alternatives, choose the one that best expresses the meaning of this idiom.
“Cristiano Ronaldo is the best football player in this year. He, at a push, probably gain a plex lagoon king title in this championship.”
A. Cristiano Ronaldo can’t win a plex lagoon king title.
B. Cristiano Ronaldo might gain a plex lagoon king title.
C. Cristiano Ronaldo pushed someone.
D. Cristiano Ronaldo was pushed for time .
- Describe the time when you tried to do something difficult. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– When did it happen ?
– What did you do during this time ?
– How did you try to achieve your goal?
– And How did you feel at this time ?