IELTS Registration 2022 – How to Register for IELTS Examination in India?
- 1 IELTS Registration India
- 1.1 IELTS Eligibility Criteria
- 1.2 Types of IELTS exams
- 1.3 Based on the purpose of writing the exam
- 1.4 Documents required for IELTS exam registration
- 1.5 Based on Mode of Writing the Exam
- 1.6 Educational Eligibility
- 1.7 IELTS Exam fee in India
- 1.8 IELTS Exam Dates
- 1.9 How many days before the test date I can register for IELTS?
- 2 IELTS Exam registration online
- 3 IELTS Results
IELTS Registration India
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is the most popular English language proficiency test, designed to evaluate the language ability of the candidates who wish to study or work, in a country where English is used as a language of communication. In order to get admission in foreign Universities, the candidate will be required to take the IELTS test. IELTS is recognized by many universities in countries like USA, UK, Canada, Australia and so on, and millions of people take the test each year. It is also acknowledged by many professional bodies as well as government agencies. Thinking about how to apply for IELTS? In this article, we will try to touch on all the topics related to registration for IELTS in India.
IELTS Eligibility Criteria
There aren’t any specific eligibility criteria for the IELTS examination. Candidates who wish to attempt the IELTS examination must be 16 years or above.
Types of IELTS exams
Based on the purpose of writing the exam
- IELTS Academic Test: It is taken by the candidates or the students who are willing to pursue higher education or professional registration abroad.
- IELTS General Training Test: It is taken by the people who wish to migrate to countries where English is the language of communication. It is also taken by the people who want secondary education, training programs or who are looking for work experience in foreign countries.
Documents required for IELTS exam registration
- A valid passport
- If you turn 18 on the day of registration, then “consent forms” must be submitted.
Based on Mode of Writing the Exam
Paper-Based Test: For those who choose the Paper-Based Test, the Listening, Reading, and Writing sections will be paper-based while the Speaking test will be conducted face-to-face with the IELTS examiner.
Computer Based Test: For those who choose the Computer Test, the Listening, Reading, and Writing sections will have to be on a computer, while the Speaking test, like the Paper-based test, will be conducted via face-to-face with the IELTS examiner.
There is no specific educational eligibility to appear for the IELTS Exam. Anyone who is interested in pursuing higher education or anyone who wishes to work in a foreign country may appear for the examination. But, it is necessary to look for the criteria set by the institution that the candidates are applying.
IELTS Exam fee in India
The registration fee for the IELTS examination is Rs.14,000/-
- The IELTS test fee is the same whether you register from IDP or BC. So the terms “IELTS IDP Test fees” and ” IELTS British Council Test fees” are meaningless.
- The IELTS test fee is the same whether it is paper-based or computer-based.
- The IELTS test fee is the same whether it is Academic or General
Exam Cancellation Fees in IELTS
- If the candidate cancels the application more than 5 weeks ahead of the test date, the candidate receives a refund, deducting 25% of the administrative fees.
- If the candidate cancels the application 5 weeks ahead of the test date, the candidate will not receive the refund.
- In case the candidate registers and does not appear for the exam, then also the amount will not be refunded.
- If the candidate produces a medical certificate within 5 days of the test, the amount will be refunded with a deduction of some administrative fees.
IELTS Exam Dates
The IELTS India exam is conducted up to 4 times a month and multiple times a year. The candidates can appear for the exams as per their convenience and can take the test as many times as they want, keeping in mind the university examination dates. But, every time they attempt the IELTS examination they’ll have to pay the registration amount of Rs.14,000/-.
Check here: IELTS Test Dates
How many days before the test date I can register for IELTS?
You can register 3 months in advance or just before a week.
IELTS Exam registration online
How to Register/Apply for the IELTS examination?
Step 1: Firstly, You need to visit the IELTS official website. The image below shows the official website of IDP for India. Visit the respective website of the country you want.
Step 2: There will be a Register for test option, click on that option
Step 3: Select the test that you are going to attempt, test type, and date on which you will be appearing for the test.
The image below shows the test dates available in IDP India for March 2020
The image below shows the availability of paper-based test dates in IDP for the month of December in Chennai, India
The image below shows the availability of test dates in IDP Australia
The image below shows the availability of test dates in IDP Canada.
Step 4: Accept the terms and conditions related to the registration.
Step 5: Fill in your personal details.
Step 6: Fill your details of registration.
Step 7: Upload your passport copies.
Step 8: Select the list of colleges in which your score has to be sent.
Step 9: Before submitting or making payment crosscheck the details that you have uploaded.
How to pay IELTS exam fee online?
Step 10: Make the test fee payment.
Step 11: Once the payment is done, take the printout of the receipt.
Other Methods to Apply for the Test
- Online Method: You can directly go to British Council IELTS India and register for the test. It is one of the easiest ways to apply for the test. You can pay the registration fees through credit or debit card.
- Offline Method: You can also make the payment in person, you have to download the application, fill it and submit it to the British council or IDP India office. You can make the payment through debit or credit card, demand draft, or ICICI deposit slip. You will get the confirmation of the reservation immediately.
Once you are done with the IELTS examination, the offline test result will be posted within 13 calendar days from the day of your exam. If it was an online test, the result will take around 5-7 days to get published. You’ll be able to check your result by logging in to your account and providing your passport number and test date information to view your score sheet.
Check Here: IELTS Results
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take for the IELTS Results to get posted?
Can I cancel my IELTS Application?
Is there a provision to send the TRF to the foreign Universities that I apply for?
Is there a provision to apply offline?
What if I cancel the test due to some medical condition? Will the fee be refunded?