IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is the most popular English language proficiency test, designed to evaluate the language ability of the candidates who wish to study or work, in a country where English is used as a language of communication. In order to get an admission in foreign Univerisities, the candidate will be required to take the IELTS test. IELTS is recognized by many universities in countries like USA, UK, Canada, Australia and so on, and millions of people take the test each year. It’s also acknowledged by many professional bodies as well as government agencies. In this article, we will try to touch on all the topics related to registration for IELTS in India.
- 0.1 IELTS Eligibility Criteria
- 0.2 Types of IELTS exams
- 0.3 Based on the purpose of writing the exam
- 0.4 Based on Mode of Writing the Exam
- 0.5 Educational Eligibility
- 0.6 Exam Fees for IELTS
- 1 How to Register for IELTS examination?
- 2 Other Methods to Apply for the Test
- 3 IELTS Results
- 4 FAQs for IELTS
- 4.1 How long does it take for the IELTS Results to get posted?
- 4.2 Can I cancel my IELTS Application?
- 4.3 Is there a provision to send the TRF to the foreign Universities that I apply for?
- 4.4 Is there a provision to apply offline?
- 4.5 What if I cancel the test due to some medical condition? Will the fee be refunded?
- 4.6 Related Posts:
IELTS Eligibility Criteria
There aren’t any specific eligibility criteria for the IELTS examination. Candidates who wish to attempt the IELTS examination must be 16 years or above.
Types of IELTS exams
Based on the purpose of writing the exam
- IELTS Academic Test: It is taken by the candidates or the students who are willing to pursue higher education or professional registration abroad.
- IELTS General Training Test: It is taken by the people who wish to migrate to countries where English is the language of communication. It is also taken by the people who want secondary education, training programs or who are looking for work experience in foreign countries.
Based on Mode of Writing the Exam
Paper-Based Test: For those who choose the Paper-Based Test, the Listening, Reading and Writing sections will be paper-based while the Speaking test will be conducted face-to-face with the IELTS examiner.
Computer Test: For those who choose the Computer Test, the Listening, Reading and Writing sections will have to be on a computer, while the Speaking test, like the Paper-based test, will be conducted via face-to-face with the IELTS examiner.
Also check :
There is no specific educational eligibility to appear for the IELTS Exam. Anyone who is interested in pursuing higher education or anyone who wishes to work in a foreign country may appear for the examination. But, it is necessary to look for the criteria set by the institution that the candidates are applying.
Exam Fees for IELTS
The registration fee for IELTS examination is Rs.14,000/-
Exam cancellation fees in IELTS
- If the candidate cancels the application more than 5 weeks ahead of the test date, the candidate receives a refund, deducting 25% of the administrative fees.
- If the candidate cancels the application 5 weeks ahead of the test date, the candidate will not receive the refund.
- In case the candidate registers and does not appear for the exam, then also the amount will not be refunded.
- If the candidate produces a medical certificate within 5 days of the test, the amount will be refunded with deduction of some administrative fees.
IELTS Exam Dates
The IELTS exam is conducted up to 4 times a month and multiple times a year. The candidates can appear for the exams as per their convenience and can take the test as many times as they want, keeping in mind the university examination dates. But, every time they attempt the IELTS examination they’ll have to pay the registration amount of Rs.14,000/-.
How to Register for IELTS examination?
Step 1: Firstly, You need to visit the IELTS official website
Step 2: There will be a Register for test option, click on that option
Step 3: Select the test that you are going to attempt, test type and date on which you will be appearing for the test.
Step 4: Accept the terms and conditions related to the registration.
Step 5: Fill in your personal details.
Step 6: Fill your details of registration.
Step 7: Upload your passport copies.
Step 8: Select the list of colleges in which your score has to be sent.
Step 9: Before submitting or making payment crosscheck the details that you have uploaded.
Step 10: Make the test fee payment.
Step 11: Once the payment is done, take the printout of the receipt.
Other Methods to Apply for the Test
- Online Method: You can directly go to British Council IELTS India and register for the test. It is one of the easiest ways to apply for the test. You can pay the registration fees through credit or debit card.
- Offline Method: You can also make the payment in person, you have to download the application, fill it and submit it to the British council or IDP India office. You can make the payment through debit or credit card, demand draft or ICICI deposit slip. You will get the confirmation of the reservation immediately.
Once you are done with the IELTS examination, the offline test result will be posted within 13 calendar days from the day of your exam. If it was an online test, the result will take around 5-7 days to get published. You’ll be able to check your result by logging in to your account and providing your passport number and test date information to view your score sheet.
FAQs for IELTS
How long does it take for the IELTS Results to get posted?
If you have taken a computer test, the results will be previewed online with 2-5 days after your test. If you took it as a paper-based test, the results will be previewed online around 13 days after your test date.
Can I cancel my IELTS Application?
Yes, you can cancel your IELTS test 5 weeks before your test date. You’ll also be eligible to receive a refund minus the administration fee that is 25% of the total test fee.
Is there a provision to send the TRF to the foreign Universities that I apply for?
Yes. You can do it when you are registering for the test.
Is there a provision to apply offline?
Yes. There is. You can make the payment in person. You have to download the application, fill it and submit it to the British council or IDP India office.
What if I cancel the test due to some medical condition? Will the fee be refunded?
If the candidate produces a medical certificate within 5 days of the test, the amount will be refunded with deduction of some administrative fees.