IELTS Results 2023
- 1 How can I check the IELTS result?
- 2 When can you expect your IELTS exam results?
- 3 IELTS Results Delayed/Withheld/Not found
- 4 A physical copy of the IELTS Result
- 5 Additional IELTS result copies
- 6 IELTS Result Validity
- 7 Remarking/Revaluation of IELTS test
- 8 What if the IELTS online results are different from that in the TRF?
After finally completing the IELTS examination, feeling happy that you gave it your best shot, you’ll probably be waiting for IELTS exam results to get published. If you’ve written the IELTS Academic Test, you’ll be hoping to score a mark above the required criteria set by the institution you’re planning to apply for.
In this article, you will find out answers to queries like “In how many days IELTS result comes?”, reasons for delayed results, ways to get additional tes result copies and lots more.
How can I check the IELTS result?
IDP IELTS results and IELTS British Council results/scores can be checked online by logging into the test taker’s portal.
When can you expect your IELTS exam results?
You won’t have to wait for too long as the IELTS test results get posted within 2 weeks of the test date:
- If you have taken the paper-based IELTS test then the results will be posted within 13 calendar days from the test day after 12.00 in the noon.
- In case you have taken the computer-based test then the test results will be published 5 – 7 days after your test date.
- After the results get published, it’ll be online for 28 days.
- If you have taken the test under UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI), then you won’t be able to view your result online. The TRF of UKVI IELTS results will be directly sent to the address given during the registration time.
Note: The above information about IELTS test results hold good whether you’ve taken the test from IDP or BC.
IELTS Results Delayed/Withheld/Not found
- You may not get your results even after 13 days in cases where the IELTS partners feel your test has to be rechecked or have doubts in the way your test was managed. The scrutiny does not have any time limit. It may even take more than a month to get such results.
- Your IELTS test may be cancelled in case of “irregularities” found. In some cases, you may be asked to re-take only certain sections like Listening or Speaking. Your result may also be cancelled if the IELTS partners find that you/your agent has altered the TRF in some manner.
A physical copy of the IELTS Result
- TRF full form: The physical copy of the results or the TRF (Test Result Form) or the IELTS score card is sent to the candidate 10 days after the paper-based test and around 5 – 7 days after the computer-delivered test.
- TRF Tracking: The TRF will be sent via courier. You will receive a SMS containing the shipment tracking number which you can use for tracking.
- The results of the IELTS test will not be discussed in the email or on call or any text messages. It will be either displayed online or directly sent to the address which is given.
- The TRF of IELTS IDP results and IELTS British council results will be sent directly to the institution where the candidates have applied. The institutions will be expecting the original copies of the Test Result Forms and not the photocopies of the same.
- Altogether 5 copies of TRF can be sent to the institutions, immigration office and so on, if you want this to happen then you can give the separate address where the copies have to be sent.
- Full postal address of the institution has to be given so that the copy of your TRF is sent to the correct address as well and also they can check whether the institution which you are sending the TRF has access to view the copy, if not it will be sent to post.
- Alternatively, institutions can view candidates’ scores via IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) Verification Service . They will need TRF number to use this service. TRF number can be found at the bottom right corner of the Test Report Form.
- What is candidate number in TRF?
It will be sent to you via email post registration. You will also find it at the top right of the TRF as highlighted in yellow below.
Additional IELTS result copies
A lot of students wish to know whether they can get an additional copy of the TRF. We know about this through the following points below:
- If you wish to send your TRF copies to more institutions, then you can get up to five additional original copies for sending. But to get these copies, you’ll have to mention about it, priorly during the registration itself.
- If you want the copies to be sent through the postal address then you’ll have to fill an additional form during the registration, i.e. an Application for Test Report Form with the relevant address where the copy has to be sent along with the demand draft and send it to the office, the copies of the TRF will be directly sent to the suitable institutions.
- The results will be transmitted to the institutions through the following modes:
The transmitting fees will be INR 1,250/- per address and the courier service may take approximately 4 days to deliver the copies of your result. You can also track where the courier has reached along with the tracking number that will be provided to you via SMS.
The fee for transmitting the copy will be INR 250/- and it’ll take nearly 2 weeks to deliver the copy to the institution through Airmail. In this case, the tracking number will not be provided to track the courier.
Again the fee will be INR 250/- for each university or institution. The universities that have subscribed to get the scores electronically will get it via the same (STED RO). The university address in the ATRF form should exactly match the STED RO downloadable list so it can be sent to the right address.
IELTS Result Validity
How long is the IELTS score valid?
The IELTS result will be valid for up to 2 years from the day, the test was taken. The institutions usually won’t accept the results if they are more than 2 years old unless you may be asked to prove to them that you have maintained or improved your English since taking the IELTS test. The IELTS partners won’t accept the results if the validity has crossed more than 2 years.
Remarking/Revaluation of IELTS test
The marking of the IELTS test is normally done in a perfect manner, but still, if by any chance you’re not satisfied with the marks you have received, then you can choose to apply for remarking.
- To apply for remarking of the test, on the online website, you’ll have to click on the Enquiry On Results (EOR) option. This can only be done within 6 weeks from the date of the IELTS test.
- While applying for remarking, there are certain fees which have to be paid, these fees will be refunded if the scores are different, after applying for remarking changes. Click here to find British council IELTS revaluation form
- The EOR service takes around 21 days for recorrection of the paper after you submit the appropriate documents. The timeline will be based on the number of sections given to be remarked. It normally takes around 4-6 weeks to do the complete EOR service request.
- If the EOR service takes more time, then a weekly update will be given after 28 days from the EOR request day.
What if the IELTS online results are different from that in the TRF?
The online results should not be used for official purposes. The online result will only display scores in all four modules and the overall band score. But a TRF will contain official logo, candidate details and stamps. The TRF is the final report and is to be used for all official communication.
Frequently Asked Questions
I appeared for the IELTS test last week. When can I expect the results?
Is there a provision to send a copy of the Test Report Form directly to the Institutions that I’m applying for?
How long is IELTS valid?
I’m not satisfied with my scores. I feel I deserve more. Can I apply for re-evaluation?
How long will it take for remarking?