Free IELTS Writing Task 2 Essay✍️ Evaluation and Correction Service
As the sculptor engraves some beautiful carvings on the stone, so are our trainers here to help in bringing the best out of you. It is undeniable that writing gets better with practice. But it is futile without proper feedback. Constructive criticism helps people to sharpen their skills.
We at IELTSMaterial have realised the need for examiner style analysis of the writing tasks. For those of you out there, wondering why you are stuck in a 7.5 in the writing section, here is the solution.
In Writing Task 2, there are five types of essays. We will post some topics on this page. You can write essays on any of those topics and post them in the comments section. Our trainers will use the same evaluation techniques as the examiner and provide feedback as a reply to the comment.
Here are some great tips for you to write a good essay
- Beware of Task response: Don’t write beside the point
- Please use a whole range of new words in the right context.
- Divide your essay into 3-4 paragraphs and ensure logical flow.
- Don’t make grammatical mistakes.
Writing Task 2 Essay Topics
Given below are some oft-repeated questions in the IELTS. Research on essay ideas and topic related vocabulary to write an effective essay. Write an essay for any 1 topic which is given below, and post it in the comment section below.
- Others argue that it is better to try and improve such situations. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.
- Nowadays more people choose to be self-employed, rather than to work for a company or organisation. Why might this be the case? What could be the disadvantages of being self-employed?
- The development of tourism contributed to English becoming the most prominent language in the world. Some people think that this will lead to English becoming the only language to be spoken globally. What are the advantages and disadvantages of having one language in the world?
- Art is considered an essential part of all cultures throughout the world. However, these days fewer and fewer people appreciate art and turn their focus to science, technology and business. Why do you think that is? What could be done to encourage more people to take interest in the arts?
- A lot of places in the world rely on tourism as a main source of income. Unfortunately, tourism can also be a source of problems if it is not managed correctly. Describe the advantages and disadvantages of tourism in the modern world. Do you think that the benefits of tourism outweigh its drawbacks?
- Nuclear energy is a better choice for meeting increasing demand. Do you agree or disagree?
- Many museums charge for admission while others are free. Do you think the advantages of charging people for admission to museums outweigh the disadvantages?
- Nowadays celebrities are more famous for their glamour than for their glamour and wealth than for their achievements and this sets a bad example to the young people. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- As computers translate quickly and accurately, learning foreign languages is a waste of time. To what extent do you agree?
- Big salary is more important than job satisfaction. Do you agree or disagree?
- Some people believe that it is best to accept a bad situation such as an unsatisfactory job or shortage of money.
Topics with sample answers
Given below are some essay questions with sample band 9 answers by IELTS experts. Grab the essay ideas to frame your content. The sample answers may also help you understand the essay structure in a better manner. Click on any desired topic link below and write your essay on the comment section of that page.
- Today the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not real needs of the society in which they are sold To what extend do you agree?
- The best way to solve the environmental problems is to increase the price of fuel. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
- Some people say that in all levels of education; from primary schools to universities, too much time is spent on learning facts and not enough on learning a practical skill. Do you agree or disagree?
- In many countries, the proportion of older people is steadily increasing. Does this trend have positive or negative effects on the society?
- Improvements in health, education, and trade are essential for the development of poorer nations. However, the governments of richer nations should take more responsibility for helping the poorer nations in such areas. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
- Governments should spend money on railways rather than roads. To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement.
- In some countries, young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this.
- Tourists but not local people mainly visit many museum and historical sites. Why is this the case and what can be done to attract people to visit these places?
- Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmers (for example working for a charity, improving the neighborhood or teaching sports to younger children). To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Some people believe that if an individual behaves in an anti-social manner, such as committing a crime, then society is to blame. What are the causes of anti-social behavior? Who do you think is responsible?