The best way to solve the world’s environmental problems is to increase the cost of fuel Sample Essay
IELTS Writing Prediction Questions for 2024
This article contains The best way to solve the world’s environmental problems is to increase the cost of fuel sample essays.
Given below is a real IELTS Writing Part 2 Essay question. We have provided sample essays as well as an essay outline so that you can practice writing your own!
Not sure how to approach IELTS Essay questions? Take a look at IELTS Writing Task 2 Preparation Tips and Tricks!
Learn how to write the perfect conclusion to your essay with the guide below!
Read the sample essay for
IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic
The best way to solve the world’s environmental problems is to increase the cost of fuel. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Some people think that government should increase the cost of fuel for cars and other vehicles to solve environmental problems. Give your opinion.
The overconsumption of fossil fuels has become a major topic of concern recently. Some people suggest that increasing the fuel price can be the solution to cope with environmental issues. Personally, I believe that other measures should also be given equal consideration.
Firstly, increasing fuel expenses cannot minimise the global dependence on fuel. It should be first noted that even when the price of fuel increases significantly, people still cannot cut down the tremendous demand for petrol at once. For example, in daily life, people still need to use their cars despite the fluctuation in the petrol price. Another clear reason is that petrol is also intended for other applications in manufacturing industries and agricultural purposes. If the price of fuel increases, the national economy could suffer many unfavourable consequences.
When it comes to reducing greenhouse gas emissions, some measures should be taken to mitigate the problems of overconsuming fuel. The most practical measure at the moment is to reduce the demand for resources in daily activities like travelling or production. This can be done by encouraging people to turn to mass-producing energy-efficient products like hybrid cars or implementing new saving energy technology in manufacturing. Besides, the most sustainable solution is to lower the reliance on fuel by taking advantage of alternative resources. Wind and tidal power in the Netherlands, nuclear power in Japan, and solar power in the United States have all proven their efficiency in energy in energy production. These could be employed in other parts of the world to minimise global dependence on fossil fuels.
All existing data above shows that only increases the fuel price will not reduce the global warming effects. Some strong alternative measures need to be implemented to tackle this situation.
- Tremendous (adj.) very great in amount or level, or extremely good.
- Mass-produce (v.) to produce a lot of goods cheaply using machines in a factory.
- Energy-efficient (adj.) using little electricity, gas, etc.
- Hybrid (adj.) (also hybrid car) a vehicle with an engine that uses both petrol and another type of energy, usually electricity.
- Implement (v.) to start using a plan or system.
- Solar power: energy from the Sun.
- Fossil fuel: fuels, such as gas, coal, and oil, that were formed underground from plant and animal remains millions of years ago.
More Writing Task 2 Essay Topics
- Advertisements Are Becoming More and More Common in Everyday Life
- There is a General Increase In Anti-Social Behavior and Lack of Respect for Others
- Many Offenders Commit More Crimes After Serving The First Punishment
- Some People Prefer to Spend Their Lives Doing The Same Things and Avoiding Change
- Some People Believe That Reading Stories From a Book is Better Than Watching Tv or Playing Computer Games for Children.
Also check :
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Preparation Tips
- IELTS Writing tips
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet