IELTS Writing Task 2 Crime and Punishment
‘IELTS Writing Task 2’ is the second part of the IELTS writing test. In this article, you will get to know how to organize an essay as well as some essays on crime and punishment through which you can practice for the IELTS writing actual test.
- 1 Many offenders commit more crimes after serving the first punishment. Why is this happening, and what measures can be taken to tackle this problem?
- 2 Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion
- 3 Other essays related to Crime and Punishment
Many offenders commit more crimes after serving the first punishment. Why is this happening, and what measures can be taken to tackle this problem?
Most criminals tend to commit crimes again, once they are released from jail. This is mainly because of the lack of rehabilitation in prisons and also the difficulty they face in finding employment. There are a lot of solutions to overcome this situation. In this essay, we will explain why the criminals commit the same crime again and the reasons to overcome this.
The main reason for the repetition of crimes is the lack of reskilling options in jails. Since they are unable to find the right employment, they resort to unfair means to earn their daily bread. Another reason is that there aren’t strict laws to keep them under control.
Some effective measures are imposing strict punishments and improving their skills like craft making, fashion designing, catering and so on. They will be engaged in work once they are out of prison and become self-sustained.
To sum up, the government must closely monitor the criminals even after they are out of prison and ensure that there is a reduction in crime rate so that we can make the world a better place to live in.
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion
Many people argue whether every crime should have a fixed punishment. Some people disagree saying that the motive and intent of the crime must be found out.
It is believed that if the criminals are given fixed punishments, they will be more careful while performing their daily activities and will fear to do unlawful activities. This may turn advantageous to society.
If the punishments are fixed, a lot of time and money will be saved. If different sentences are to be given, the government might have to spend more money on lawyers and on enforcing security measures. Instead of spending money on these purposes, it can be used for other sectors like education, development of society and so on.
On the other side, people think that having the same punishment for every crime may not bring justice in a real sense, because some crimes are unintentional. To avoid this, the punishments must be given knowing the real reason behind them.
Thus we can say that the main focus should be on serving equal justice to the people. There is no point in giving the same punishment for all crimes because no two crimes are of the same motive.
There are also other related essays that you can make use of while practicing for writing task 2 essays. The list is given below:
- Juvenile Criminal
- Some people say that when children under 18 are committing a crime they should be punished, while others believe they should be educated. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your own opinion.
- Studies show that criminals get a low level of education. Some people believe that the best way to reduce crime is by educating people in prison so they can get a job after leaving prison. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- In some countries, a high proportion of criminal acts are committed by teenagers. Why has this happened? What can be done to deal with this?
- Some people who have been in prison become good citizens later. Some people think that having these people to give a talk to school students is the best way to tell them about the dangers of committing a crime. Do you agree or disagree?
See also :
- IELTS Writing tips
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- IELTS Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet
- IELTS map vocabulary