IELTS Writing Task 2 is the second of the IELTS writing test. In this article, you will get to know how to organize an essay as well as a few recently appeared essays on crime and punishment through which you can practice for IELTS writing actual test.
- 1 Many offenders commit more crimes after serving the first punishment. Why is this happening, and what measures can be taken to tackle this problem?
- 2 Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion
- 3 Other essays related to Crime and Punishment
Many offenders commit more crimes after serving the first punishment. Why is this happening, and what measures can be taken to tackle this problem?
Most criminals tend to make crimes again, once they release from jail. This is mainly because lack of rehabilitation they receive in jail and also one more reason maybe they might find difficulty in finding employment again. There are a lot of solutions to overcome this situation. In this essay, we will explain why the criminals again commit the same crime and what can be the reasons to overcome this.
Firstly, the main reason why the criminals again commit the crime maybe they are not shown the right path to living their future and their skills also have not improved and also they have not got sufficient opportunities to improve their existing skills while sitting in jail. Another main reason is that they are unable to find the right employment and unemployment may lead them to commit the crime for their daily bread. Another reason may be the legislation is not strict enough and because of this, the criminals will again have the guts to commit the crime.
Some effective measures must be taken to avoid the crimes to happen again and this is possible if the government imposes the stricter punishments to the criminals so that they do not try to commit a crime again. The crimes can also be reduced if the criminals in the jails are empowered by improving their skills like craft making, fashion designing, catering and so on. Which will, in turn, improve their skills and they will be engaged in one or the other work once they are out of the prison and they might also give themselves financial support.
To sum up, everything the government must closely monitor the criminals even after they are out of prison and take some important measures so that the crime rate reduces so that we can make the world a better place to live in.
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion
There is an argument by many people saying whether every criminal must have fixed punishments for the crimes they commit, whereas some of the people disagree with this fact saying that the main reason behind the crime must be found out and also they should know whether the crime committed was intentional or unintentional.
It is believed that if the criminals are given fixed punishments people will be more careful while performing their daily activities and they will not think of committing any crime. This may be one of the advantages to society. One more thing is if the punishments are fixed a lot of time and money is saved and if they have to give different punishments the government might have to spend more money on lawyers and security purposes. Instead of spending money on these, the money can be used for other sectors like education or development of society and so on.
On the other side, people think that having the same punishment for each of the crimes may not bring justice in a real sense, because many times the people may commit crimes unintentionally. For this, the punishments must be given knowing the real reason behind the crimes that happen
Thus we can say that both sides have their own advantages and the government should decide on the basis of serving equal justice to the people. Thus we can say that there is no point in giving the same punishment to the people who commit each crime because both the person will have a different motive
There are also other related essays that you can make use of while practicing for writing task 2 essays. The list is given below:
- Juvenile Criminal
- Some people say that when children under 18 are committing a crime they should be punished, while others believe they should be educated. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your own opinion.
- Studies show that criminals get a low level of education. Some people believe that the best way to reduce crime is by educating people in prison so they can get a job after leaving prison. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- In some countries, a high proportion of criminal acts are committed by teenagers. Why has this happened? What can be done to deal with this?
- Some people who have been in prison become good citizens later. Some people think that having these people to give a talk to school students is the best way to tell them about the dangers of committing a crime. Do you agree or disagree?