IELTS Writing Practice Test 4 (Task 2) from Cambridge IELTS 6 with Band 8 Sample
Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others, however, think that change is always a good thing. Discuss both views and give your opinion
- Sentence 1: Introduce the given topic and state whether or not people should make changes in life
- Sentence 2: Clearly and directly state your point of view with one short and simple sentence (agree with people who think change is a good thing)
- Paragraph 1: Two reasons why some people prefer spending time doing the same things are because they have passion for what they do and a fear of uncertainty.
- Paragraph 2: Two reasons why others think change is always a good thing are because it brings new experiences and fortifies characteristics.
- Restate your opinion with a clear and direct sentence (agree with people who think change is a good thing).
Many people prefer their daily routine while others always look for change as they believe the change would bring more benefits. In my opinion, I would agree with the latter point of view.
On the one hand, there are several reasons why some people want to stick to their routine. Firstly, they are passionate about what they do every day. For example, street artists in Vietnam love creating colourful artworks in public without any desire for change despite little earnings. Secondly, some people have merely adopted a fear of uncertainty that prevents them from changing their ways of life. If they changed their current jobs, there would be no guarantee that other jobs would bring the same level of satisfaction as the previous one, which explains why they embrace the routine over change.
On the other hand, I would side with those who think that change is better. People would have new exciting experiences. For example, instead of staying at home and watching TV, some people would go on a motorbike trip or do mountain climbing to enjoy the open air. Furthermore, making changes in one’s life is believed to enhance his/her talents. When a person focuses only on what he is doing daily, he would never know his true potential. A song composer would never discover his aptitude for singing if he did not dare to get on stage.
In conclusion, I believe changing one’s lifestyle continuously has a positive impact on his/her life.
- Repeating their daily routine
- Have passion for
- A fear of uncertainty
- The same level of satisfaction
- Embrace the repetition
- Enhance his/her talents
- His limits or his potential
Also check :