IELTS Writing Task 2 Argumentative Essay (Band 9) – Topic : The Prevention of Health Problems and Illness
IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic
Some people think that in order to prevent illness and disease, governments should make efforts in reducing environmental pollutions and housing problems. To what extent do you agree to disagree with this statement?
Band 8.0 Sample Essay
In recent years, the outbreak of rare and new diseases has been preying on the minds of millions of people in the world. Some suggest that the only way to win the battle against illness and disease is to improve the environmental conditions and solve housing problems. As far as I am concerned, I am on the same wavelength with them on this matter.
It is no exaggeration to say that today the environmental pollution has reached its peak, and its effects on humans, animals, and vegetation alike can be grave and irreparable. With each passing minute, hundreds of lives are claimed in the world, and their reasons for death are from people’s daily activities – those related to the degradation of the environment. For instance, today’s farmers are no stranger to the practice of overdosing the farmlands with pesticides and insecticides. Besides, countless factories are poisoning the water with toxic refuse and environmentally unfriendly chemicals. If efforts are made in stopping these activities, many people would be saved from unnecessary diseases.
In addition to this, I feel that in order to combat disease, housing problems should be properly addressed, especially in metropolitan areas where accommodation is scarce, and people are plentiful. Homeless people who are forced to live in the gutter or in small sewage-ridden, iron sheds on the streets are carrying diseases that are highly infectious. For this reason, they should be provided with sanitary places where they can live so as not to affect the lives of other people.
To conclude, it is my belief that most modern plagues can be prevented if the governments are willing to take the bull by the horns to introduce and enforce appropriate measures in handling this situation. I hope that future generations enjoy lives with no disease.
Useful Expressions :
- The outbreak of diseases: The time when diseases begin to spread
- I am on the same wavelength with something: I agree with it
- Reach the peak: become severe
- Vegetation (n.) plants in general
- Toxic refuse: toxic chemicals
- Infectious diseases: contagious diseases
- To overdose: To abuse
- Plague (n.) any serious disease.
- To take the bull by the horn: face with problems.
- Enforce (v.) make it happen
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Essay Topics
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Preparation Tips
- Tips to Improve IELTS Writing Skills
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- IELTS Direct question essay
- IELTS Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet
- IELTS map vocabulary