IELTS Writing Task 2 Argumentative Essay Topic: Prevent Illness and Disease
Some people think that in order to prevent illness and disease, governments should make efforts in reducing environmental pollutions and housing problems. To what extent do you agree to disagree with this statement?
Get Evaluated for FREE:
Do you have an essay on this topic? Please post it in the comments section. One of our IELTS trainers will evaluate your essay from an examiner’s point of view and reply to the comment. This service is completely FREE of cost.
- Paraphrase the topic of the essay.
- Clearly state the objective of the essay- Some suggest that the only way to win the battle against illness and disease is to improve the environmental conditions and solve housing problems. As far as I am concerned, I am on the same wavelength with them on this matter.
- Paragraph 1- With each passing minute, hundreds of lives are claimed in the world, and their reasons for death are from people’s daily activities – those related to the degradation of the environment.
- Paragraph 2- In addition to this, I feel that in order to combat disease, housing problems should be properly addressed, especially in metropolitan areas where accommodation is scarce, and people are plentiful. Homeless people who are forced to live in the gutter or in small sewage-ridden, iron sheds on the streets are carrying diseases that are highly infectious.
Conclude the topic by giving an inference about the essay written.
In recent years, the outbreak of rare and new diseases has been preying on the minds of millions of people in the world. Some suggest that the only way to win the battle against illness and disease is to improve the environmental conditions and solve housing problems. As far as I am concerned, I am on the same wavelength with them on this matter.
It is no exaggeration to say that today the environmental pollution has reached its peak, and its effects on humans, animals, and vegetation alike can be grave and irreparable. With each passing minute, hundreds of lives are claimed in the world, and their reasons for death are from people’s daily activities – those related to the degradation of the environment. For instance, today’s farmers are no stranger to the practice of overdosing the farmlands with pesticides and insecticides. Besides, countless factories are poisoning the water with toxic refuse and environmentally unfriendly chemicals. If efforts are made in stopping these activities, many people would be saved from unnecessary diseases.
In addition to this, I feel that in order to combat disease, housing problems should be properly addressed, especially in metropolitan areas where accommodation is scarce, and people are plentiful. Homeless people who are forced to live in the gutter or in small sewage-ridden, iron sheds on the streets are carrying diseases that are highly infectious. For this reason, they should be provided with sanitary places where they can live so as not to affect the lives of other people.
Though some people contend that government needn’t spend a lot on environmental pollutants as industrial proliferation are bound to have hazardous byproducts, however, it shall be very unpragmatic to let the harmful agents deplete the immunity of people today.
To conclude, it is my belief that most modern plagues can be prevented if the governments are willing to take the bull by the horns to introduce and enforce appropriate measures in handling this situation. I hope that future generations enjoy lives with no disease.
Band 9 Sample Essay
Human diseases and disorders have been alarmingly blowing high these days. With each passing day, we come to terms with the advent of a disease after it has already surfaced on the grounds of human immunity. Many people hold the view that it is due to the environmental hazards and the housing shortcomings that have aggravated the health status of people today. I am in complete alignment with this proposition and shall be explicating the reasons for the same.
The environmental pollutants have reportedly caused some severe respiratory disorders and grave syndromes. The increase in the particulate sizes of the treacherous pollution agents has disgruntled the lungs and heart statuses of the people. The harmful gaseous discharges from the factories, vicious fumigations from the chimneys and the dangerous effluents that are discharged in the water bodies have similarly exacerbated the illness proportion of the people. The advancement made in agricultural strides that have prospered the heights of it has to a large extent, deteriorated the environmental degradation and therefore, the increment in the ailments of the people today. For instance, the use of DDT in the insecticides and the deleterious pesticides and herbicides that are fumigated on the crop plants and the surface run-off causing it to be disposed-off in the water bodies and thus poisoning the marine life, severely affect us when we consume the seafood.
Similarly, the erroneous housing patterns and establishments have failed the health line of the population today. The people living in slums and the dingy ambience are twice as prone and vulnerable to fall ill as compared to the ones living in somewhat better situations. The pathetic sanitation and waste disposal plans and facilities that are generally overlooked in the cases of destitute households, often are the major causative agents of underlying disorders. For example, the growth of infectious bacteria and other microorganisms that thrive in the contaminated water and ditches promote the infectivity of such health and environmental deterrents that could be mitigated if correct rectifying measures are taken by the concerned authorities in this regard by providing people with better living conditions and with clean surroundings.
Though, one may say that the government should rather focus on eradicating the diseases and bolstering the medical facilities. However, if the roots of such diseases would be chopped off, the odds of having to deal with the menace of such disorders would be allayed.
In conclusion, the inference that could be made is that government should fortify and pay attention to the betterment of environmental degradation factors and improving the housing patterns of the people living in poverty and that would be a substantial aid in preventing the disease that could be possibly morphed into a serious threat to the humans.
- The outbreak of diseases: The time when diseases begin to spread
- I am on the same wavelength with something: I agree with it
- Reach the peak: become severe
- Vegetation (n.) plants in general
- Toxic refuse: toxic chemicals
- Infectious diseases: contagious diseases
- To overdose: To abuse
- Plague (n.) any serious disease.
- To take the bull by the horn: face with problems.
- Enforce (v.) make it happen
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Essay Topics
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Preparation Tips
- Tips to Improve IELTS Writing Skills
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- IELTS Direct question essay
- IELTS Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet
- IELTS map vocabulary
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Connectors