IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic
Some people think that in order to prevent illness and disease, governments should make efforts in reducing environmental pollutions and housing problems. To what extent do you agree to disagree with this statement?
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Problem/Solution Essay of Band 8.0 – Topic: Energy Resources
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in May, 2016 – Band 8.5 Model Argumentative Essay
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Environmental Protection & Sample Essay
- IELTS Writing Actual Test & Model Answers – Topic: Environment
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers
Band 8.0 Sample Essay
In recent years, the outbreak of rare and new diseases has been preying on the minds of millions of people in the world. Some suggest that the only way to win the battle against illness and disease is to improve the environmental conditions and solve housing problems. As far as I am concerned, I am on the same wavelength with them on this matter.
It is no exaggeration to say that today the environmental pollution has reached its peak and its effects on human, animals and vegetation alike can be grave and irreparable. With each passing minute, hundreds of lives are claimed in the world and their reasons of death are from people’s daily activities – those related to the degradation of the environment. For instance, farmers today are no stranger to the practice of overdosing the farmlands with pesticides and insecticides. Besides, countless factories are poisoning the water with toxic refuse and environmentally unfriendly chemicals. Apparently, if efforts are made in stopping these activities, many people would be saved from unnecessary diseases.
In addition to this, I feel that in order to combat disease, housing problems should be properly addressed; especially in metropolitan areas where accommodation is scarce and people are plentiful. Homeless people who are forced to live in the gutter or in small sewage-ridden, iron sheds on the streets are carrying diseases that are highly infectious. For this reason, they should be provided with sanitary places where they can live so as not to affect the lives of other people.
To conclude, it is my belief that most modern plagues can be prevented if the governments are willing to take the bull by the horns, to introduce and enforce appropriate measures in handling this situation. I hope that future generation enjoy lives with no disease.
- The outbreak of diseases: The time when diseases begin to spread
- I am on the same wavelength with something: I agree with it
- Reach the peak: become severe
- Vegetation (n.) plants in general
- Toxic refuse: toxic chemicals
- Infectious diseases: contagious diseases
- To overdose: To abuse
- Plague (n.) any serious disease.
- To take the bull by the horn: face with problems.
- Enforce (v.) make it happen
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!