IELTS Writing Task 2 Argumentative Essay Topic: Everyone should become vegetarian
Everyone should become vegetarian because they do not need to eat meat to have a healthy diet. Do you agree or disagree?
Opinion essay (Agree/disagree)
- Paraphrase the topic of the essay and give an insight into it.
- State your side of the argument and mention what can be anticipated from the essay.
- Paragraph 1- Non-vegetarian diets are considerably higher in the total intake of protein, which is highly beneficial for the body. As scientists show, protein can not only improve overall health and fitness but also can contribute to reinforcing the immune system.
- Paragraph 2- Meat is also a fertile source of many nutrients, such as iron or zinc. It is already recognized that while iron helps in producing tissues inside the body, zinc is indispensable in helping to transport oxygen to different parts of the body, thus allowing the proper functioning of all body organs.
Reemphasize your opinion in conclusion and give a summarized argument for that.
In the last few decades, vegetarianism has entered the mainstream of many societies, most notably in western countries. It is suggested by those who side with vegetarians that meat is not a necessary element in a healthy diet and that going vegan is the way to go in modern times. Personally, I reckon that this view has flaws.
In the first place, non-vegetarian diets are considerably higher in the total intake of protein, which is highly beneficial for the body. As scientists show, protein can not only improve overall health and fitness but also can contribute to reinforcing the immune system. As vegetarian diets hardly meet daily protein requirements, those who follow are generally more vulnerable to fatigue even when doing physically undemanding tasks, or they can be more susceptible to common diseases such as flu or cold.
In the second place, meat is also a fertile source of many nutrients, such as iron or zinc. It is already recognized that while iron helps in producing tissues inside the body, zinc is indispensable in helping to transport oxygen to different parts of the body, thus allowing the proper functioning of all body organs. Besides, when consuming meat, the body will also be absorbing numerous kinds of vitamins, which strengthen bones and promote the health of the teeth or the eyes.
Although, going entirely vegetarian or vegan is a matter of choice of lifestyle and could placate the need for nutrition to a decent extent, however, when it comes to a wholesome dietary sufficiency, going for a typical vegetarian diet couldn’t serve the purpose for the entirety.
To conclude, the above-mentioned points have manifestly shown that the benefits derived from following a wholesome diet overshadow those from vegetable-only ones. Thus, it is not advisable to become vegetarians.
- To enter the mainstream of…: become popular
- This view has flaws: This view can be argued against.
- To reinforce the immune system: make the immune system stronger.
- They can be more susceptible to common diseases: they are more likely to get sick.
- Indispensable (adj.): very important.
- To be more vulnerable to fatigue: to be more likely to get sick
- Be a fertile source of many nutrients: be very nutritious
- To strengthen bone structures: make the bones stronger.
- Manifestly (adv.): obviously.
Band 9 Sample Essay
Signup/login to unlock band 9 essay and ace the IELTS
There has been a considerable surge in the inclination towards a vegetarian diet and eradicating meat from everyday meals. Some people hold the view that going stringently vegetarian could serve the purpose of their dietary requirements. However, I find myself standing in disagreement with this and think that meat should be included in the diet for nutritional needs. In the forthcoming sections, this essay will discuss the reasons for this opinion.
The most eminent reason for the inclusion of meat in a diet is nutrition adequacy. Drawing a comparison between an entirely vegetarian diet and a combination of veggies and meats have shown by the researches that vegetables alone couldn’t satiate the requirement that our physiologies need up to the mark. Predominantly, the protein requirement which is suggested by the nutritionists to be one gram proportional to the kilos we weigh is not sufficed by the vegetarian meal alone. Various macro and micronutrients which are abundantly found in the meat content bolsters our body and enhances our diet.
Moreover, the people who are specifically indulged in strenuous and vigorous exercises and physical activities should ineluctably incorporate meat in their daily food platter as in this case, the dietary and metabolic needs are only met when a nutritional regime has a confluence of vegetables and meat. The people in a toilsome profession that includes labour and intense work schedule should reportedly not miss on their nonvegetarian food source as they couldn’t efficiently perform otherwise.
Though veganism and vegetarianism owing to the efflux and rise in the trend have been gaining grounds and have been able to find various dietary substitutes especially, for their dietary protein enrichment, the replacement of meat and the essential constituent of it is irrefutable and couldn’t be replaced, let alone its complete displacement.
In conclusion, therefore, it could be conspicuously stated that going vegetarian could be a trend and the latest bandwagon, the wholesome virtues of an integrated diet couldn’t be supplanted.
Everyone should adopt a vegetarian diet because eating meat can cause serious health problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Get Evaluated for FREE:
Do you have an essay on this topic? Please post it in the comments section. One of our IELTS trainers will evaluate your essay from an examiner’s point of view and reply to the comment. This service is completely FREE of cost.
Also check :
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Tips
- Tips to Improve IELTS Writing Skills
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- IELTS Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet
- IELTS map vocabulary
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Connectors