IELTS Writing Task 2 Argumentative Essay of Band 8.5 Topic : Health – everyone should adopt a vegetarian diet
- 1 IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic
- 2 Band 8.5 Sample Essay
- 3 IELTS Writing Actual Tests (Task 2) (January - April 2021) with Sample Answers-Ebook
IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic
Everyone should become vegetarian because they do not need to eat meat to have a healthy diet. Do you agree or disagree?
Band 8.5 Sample Essay
In the last few decades, vegetarianism has entered the mainstream of many societies, most notably in western countries. It is suggested by those who side with vegetarians that meat is not a necessary element in a healthy diet and that going vegan is the way to go in modern times. Personally, I reckon that this view has flaws.
In the first place, non-vegetarian diets are considerably higher in the total intake of protein, which is highly beneficial for the body. As scientists show, protein can not only improve the overall health and fitness but also can contribute to reinforcing the immune system. As vegetarian diets hardly meet daily protein requirements, those who follow are generally more vulnerable to fatigue even when doing physically undemanding tasks, or they can be more susceptible to common diseases such as flu or cold.
In the second place, meat is also a fertile source of many nutrients, such as iron or zinc. It is already recognized that while iron helps in producing tissues inside the body, zinc is indispensable in helping to transport oxygen to different parts of the body, thus allowing the proper functioning of all body organs. Besides, when consuming meat, the body will also be absorbing numerous kinds of vitamins, which strengthen bones and promote the health of the teeth or the eyes.
To conclude, the above-mentioned points have manifestly shown that the benefits derived from following a wholesome diet overshadow those from vegetable-only one. Thus, it is not advisable to become vegetarians.
Useful Expressions :
- To enter the mainstream of…: become popular
- This view has flaws: This view can be argued against.
- To reinforce the immune system: make the immune system stronger.
- They can be more susceptible to common diseases: they are more likely to get sick.
- Indispensable (adj.): very important.
- To be more vulnerable to fatigue: to be more likely to get sick
- Be a fertile source of many nutrients: be very nutritious
- To strengthen bone structures: make the bones stronger.
- Manifestly (adv.): obviously.
Bonus topic: Everyone should adopt a vegetarian diet because eating meat can cause serious health problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Also check :
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Tips
- Tips to Improve IELTS Writing Skills
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- IELTS Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet
- IELTS map vocabulary
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Connectors