IELTS WRITING 2 PRACTICE TEST
Some people think that radio has become out-of-date, and there is no need to listen to the radio for entertainment and news. Do you agree or disagree?
BAND 8.0 SAMPLE ANSWER
In the old day, radio broadcasting was considered as one of the most important and convenient sources of information. However, with the emergence of other mass media, some people perceive that radio will be at stake of extinction in the future if it does not undergo any significant change. In my opinion, such pessimism is short – evident.
One of the main reasons accounting for why radio would not become obsolete in the near future is that driving is emerging across the word as a way of life. Radio is a prevalent piece of equipment installed in a cars, and to ear users, listening to the radio while driving is an ideal idea for taking full advantage of their time and obtaining the latest information, such as news, weather forecast, society, and so forth. Increase in car user gives radio high mobility and its exposure will continue to lead other media. For those people who have no time watching the box, radio provides immediate and easy access to information. Its continued prevalence is also connected to its high affordability. Radio broadcasting is, in general, accessible to the audience with free of charge. Another obvious advantage is that a radio set is portable and convenient. On the occasions where people cannot watch TV, read newspaper of surf the Internet, they can resort to radio.
The advent of other technologies has also reinforced the popularity of radio. For instance, people can get radio easily via satellite, the Internet and cable nowadays. There are many other electronic devices, such as MP3 and MP4 players, which help people attain various entertainment resources at their own convenience. Despite the fact that is unable to convey messages with images and motions as television or Internet does, the innovation in those hi-tech devices will ensure the ability of radio to serve the needs of audiences as it always did.
To summarize, radio broadcasting has lots of benefits that can scarcely be found in other mass media channel, either electronic or print. The remarkable improvements in technology certainly will enable radio to perform more functions and become more widely available. There is no doubt to say that radio broadcasting will continue to account for a very substantial segment of mass media market
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!