IELTS Writing 2 Practice Test 22 Topic: With the development of media online, there is no future for radio
Some people think that radio has become out-of-date, and there is no need to listen to the radio for entertainment and news. Do you agree or disagree? OR
With the development of media online, there is no future for radio. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- State your opinion clearly (whether you agree or disagree). Explain in brief what you are going to write in the body paragraphs.
- In the old days, radio broadcasting was considered as one of the most important and convenient sources of information.
- Paragraph 1: Radio is installed in cars and listening while driving is a good idea for taking full advantage of their time and obtaining the latest information, such as news, weather forecast, society, and so forth.
- Paragraph 2: Another obvious advantage is that the radio set is portable and convenient. On occasions where people cannot watch TV, read the newspaper or surf the internet, they can resort to the radio.
- Restate your opinion with a clear and direct sentence
In the old days, radio broadcasting was considered as one of the most important and convenient sources of information. However, with the advent of other forms of mass media, some people perceive that radio is on the verge of extinction in the future if it does not undergo any significant change. In my opinion however, the radio will stand the test of time. In the next few paragraphs, I will be explaining my opinion in detail.
One of the main reasons why radio would not become obsolete soon is that driving cars is emerging as a way of life across the world. Radio is installed in cars and listening while driving is a good idea for taking full advantage of their time and obtaining the latest information, such as news, weather forecast, society, and so forth. Increase in usage of cars gives more scope for the radios.
For those people who have no time watching the box, radio provides immediate and easy access to information. Its continued survival is also connected to its high affordability. Radio broadcasting is, in general, accessible to the audience free of charge. Another obvious advantage is that the radio set is portable and convenient. On occasions where people cannot watch TV, read the newspaper or surf the internet, they can resort to the radio. There are many other electronic devices, such as mp3 and mp4 players, which help people enjoy various entertainment programs at their convenience.
Although people think a radio is unable to convey messages with images and motions as television and the internet does, the advent of other technologies has also reinforced the popularity of radio.
To summarize, radio broadcasting has more benefits than drawbacks. The remarkable improvements in technology will enable the radio to perform more and become more widely available. There is no doubt that radio broadcasting will continue to account for a very substantial segment of the mass media market.
- Resort to
More Writing Task 2 Essay Topics
- Many People Say That The Only Way to Guarantee a Good Job Is To Complete A Course In University Education
- Some People Think An International Car-Free Day Is An Effective Way Of Reducing Air Pollution
- Despite Health Warnings, A Large Number Of People Continue To Smoke All Over The World
- Newspapers Are Less Important Nowadays Because We Have Up-To-Date Access To The News On The Internet
- Some People Think That Increasing Business and Cultural Contact
See also :
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Tips
- IELTS Writing tips
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS writing practice test
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- IELTS Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet
- IELTS map vocabulary
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Connectors