IELTS Writing 2 Practice Test 21 Topic: Business Culture
It is commonly said that the increased business between countries has a great impact on the the culture and the country’s identity in itself. Do you agree of disagree?
- State your opinion clearly (whether you agree or disagree). Explain in brief what you are going to write in the body paragraphs.
- Many people are worried that the increased business may lead to the extinction of countries’ identities.
- Paragraph 1: For many tourists, a country’s cultural and historical background is one of the most important criteria in choosing a destination for visiting.
- Paragraph 2: It reflects the combined effects of the integration of foreign cultures, both through media and direct business interaction.
- Restate your opinion with a clear and direct sentence
One of the most apparent characteristics of the 21 st century is a strong connection between countries, in terms of culture and economy. Many people are worried that this may lead to the extinction of countries’ identities. I hold a strong belief and disagree with this statement. In the next few paragraphs, I will explain my perspective in detail.
On the path to establishing a closer connection with the outside world, a country does not necessarily disregard its culture, which is a precious asset. It not only allows a nation to distinguish itself from the rest of the world, but an indigenous culture also plays many more crucial roles such as attracting foreign visitors, developing tourism industry and yielding high revenue. The reason partly lies in the fact that for many tourists, a country’s cultural and historical background is one of the most important criteria in choosing a destination for visiting. For instance, thousands of people want to pay a visit to Japan or Thailand just for the unique Japanese tea culture or gorgeous architecture of Thai temples.
On seeing this, many countries have put great effort into protecting their cultural identities, to feature in the list of most popular destinations. It is not fallible to say that an increase in tourism motivates countries to preserve their cultural heritage. In some countries, the native people have become more accustomed to exotic cultures. It reflects the combined effects of the integration of foreign cultures, both through media and direct business interaction. For example, over time, Western culture has permeated into many Asian countries, creating a newer fusion of both.
Although people think that some other elements of culture, such as customs, tradition or taboos might die out over time, tourism and other interactive activities are always there to encourage cultural conservation.
In conclusion, I firmly believe that increased interaction between countries in the domains of business and culture can strengthen the identities of countries involved.
- Precious asset
- Cultural heritage
Also check :
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Preparation Tips
- Tips to Improve IELTS Writing Skills
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS writing practice test
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- IELTS Direct question essay
- IELTS Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet