IELTS WRITING 2 PRACTICE TEST 21
There are disagreement on the impact of increased business and culture contact between countries on a country’s identity. What is your opinion?
BAND 8.0 SAMPLE ANSWER
One of the most apparent characteristics of the 21 st century is a tighter connection between countries, in terms of culture and economics. Many people express a worry that this trend may lead to the extinction of countries’ identities. I hold a strong belief that this issue should be perceived and analyzed from multiple perspectives.
On the path to establish a closer connection with the outside world, a country does not necessarily eliminate its culture which should be considered as its precious asset. Not only allows one nation to distinguish itself from the rest of the world, an indigenous culture also plays many more essential roles such as attracting foreign visitors, developing tourism industry and yielding high revenue. The reason partly lies in the fact that for many tourists, a country’s cultural and historic background is one of the most important criteria in choosing a destination for visiting. For instance, thousands of people wants to pay Japan or Thailand a visit just because of the unique Japanese tea culture or gorgeous Thai temples architect…In response to this, many countries have put great effort in protecting and preserving their cultural identities, in order to keep themselves in the list of most popular destinations. It is not fallible to say that the increase in tourism motivates these countries in aiding the conservation of their features.
While tourism provides an encouragement for cultural conservation, some other elements of a culture, such as customs, tradition or taboos might die out over time. In some countries, the native people have become more accustomed to exotic cultures. It reflects the combined effects of the integration of foreign cultures, both through media and direct business interaction. For example, over time, the Western culture has permeated into many Asian countries and the locals are willing to break many of their time- honored traditions and adapt the new ones.
As discussed above, increased interaction between countries in the domains of business and culture can either strengthen or undermine the identities of countries involved. In fact, there is hardly any definite answer to this question.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!