You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.
write about the following topic:
The birth rate in most developed countries is predicted to begin to fall over the next 50 years. By 2030 it is estimated that over one third of the population in most developed countries will be aged 65 and over:
What effects will these predictions have on developed countries if they prove true? What can be done now to deal with this situation?
Give reason for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Write at least 250 words.
Model answer 01:
The birth rate in most developed countries is predicted to begin to fall over the next 50 years. By 2030 it is estimated that over one third of the population in most developed countries will be aged 65 and over. What effects will these predictions have on developed countries if they prove true? What can be done now to deal with this situation?
In modern Europe the problem of birth rates has become very actual. As a result, many issues will arise, and the present generation of people will see a significant number of changes. It is important to outline some notable aspects of this question, such as the rise in the number of new migrants, and the ruin of pension system, which can be compensated only by a decrease of pensions.
First of all, the population of every country is a working force and the lack of it creates many problems for the economy. At the same time, there are several solutions to this problem which are appropriate in the world. For example, to attract people from developing countries to reside in Europe with an aim to filling the gap. Unfortunately, it is predictable that this tendency can make worse the relations on the cultural base, and this the reason why certain parts of society do not accept this idea.
Secondly, the stability of the pension system depends on one vital factor – the number of people who work and pay their taxes. The decline of population always leads to a reduction of budget revenue, and an economy in state spending. In this case, the government is obligated to make some unpopular decisions, for instance, to reduce pensions. This solution is regarded as negative, however, it is the most suitable answer in this situation.
In conclusion, it is important to make a remark here; that the decline of population is a very negative trend which can bring some bad consequences, such as the problem with the work force, or the crisis of the pension system. However, there are some unpleasant solutions to this problems, the reduction of pensions, and changes in migration policy with the target of attracting new employees from foreign countries.
THIS TEST IS COLLECTED & IMPLEMENTED BY IELTSMATERIAL.COM
( Free IELTS Practice Tests – Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking Test|
IELTS Exam Preparation – Free IELTS material and resources.
Download IELTS Preparation Material & Tips)
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!