IELTS Argumentative Essay (Writing Task 2) with Band 8.0 Sample – Education
IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic :
Too much emphasis is placed on going university for academic education. People should be encouraged to do vocational training, because there is a lack of qualified tradespeople such as electricians or plumbers. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Band 8.0 Model Answer :
By most people, vocational training is considered a dishonorable escape route for those who are not smart enough to attend colleges. Now that the scarcity of qualified craftsmen, such as construction workers, electricians or locksmiths is getting more acute, some have suggested that more people should be encouraged to undergo vocational training. From my point of view, I cast no doubt on the veracity of this statement.
Multiple benefits can be derived from attending trade schools instead of universities. In the first place, programs of vocational schools are often shorter. More specifically, while college students have to commit to at least three years of full-time study, it takes only 1 or 2 years for students to receive certain specialised certifications. In addition, the principal focus of vocational programs is on providing hands-on experience to students, and there is no need for them to study subjects that are not relevant to their choice of subject. The prime example for this is Vietnamese college students, regardless of what majors they pursue, are obliged to study concepts of the communist party while students of trade schools do not have to. For this reason, their employability is significantly enhanced.
Despite such advantages, many are still sceptical about taking vocational training as it does not offer much flexibility. I acknowledge that career choices are much more limited for vocational students and that there is little chance for them to change their career if they desire to. However, if students receive proper career orientation program before embarking on their learning, few wrong decisions will be made.
All things considered, I am inclined to restate that vocational training should no longer be kept on the periphery of the educational system and that it should be encouraged among students of all levels of education.
Useful Words and Expressions :
- I cast no doubt on…: I firmly believe in…
- Derive benefit from: take the benefit from
- Vocational school: school that provides you with skill necessary for a job.
- Prime example: classical example
- Employability is enhanced: The chance of getting employed is increased
- Keep something on the periphery: consider it to be unimportant.
Also check :
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Preparation Tips
- IELTS Writing tips
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- IELTS Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet
- IELTS map vocabulary
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Connectors