IELTS Writing Task 2 – Topic: Energy Resources
The consumption of the world’s resources (oil, and water etc.) is increasing at a dangerous rate. What are causes and solutions?
Band 8.0 Model Essay:
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Argumentative Essay of Band 8.5– Topic: Illness and Disease
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Environmental Protection & Sample Essay
- IELTS Writing Actual Test & Model Answers – Topic: Environment
- IELTS Writing Actual Tests in 2013 & Band 8.0+ Sample Essays
- IELTS Writing Test in Vietnam – July, 2017 & Sample Answer
Recently, the rapid consumption of the world’s resources such as oil, fresh water or mineral deposits has inflicted detrimental effects on both human kind and other species. In this essay, some causes and solutions to this issue will be cited.
There are a variety of forces that drive this issue. First of all, the populations in many countries, especially the developing ones have risen tremendously, which speeds up industrialisation to meet the growing demands of the rising number of people. This is clearly reflected in China where hundreds of factories are established and put into operation on a daily basis to accommodate more than 1.3 billion residents. Second of all, the combination of low awareness of the citizens and lax regulations from the government has contributed to the exhaustion of natural resources in many areas. For example, in the middle highland of Vietnam which used to lush with countless species of trees, the forest has now been bare due to these two reasons.
Although this is a thorny issue, it can be dealt with by some methods. The first one is imposing population control. It is my opinion that this should be considered temporary as in the long run, it can create aging population and poor quality labour force. The second solution is raising the awareness of citizens about the importance of preserving and protecting the world’s resources. This can be done by organizing educational programs or school activities. The third is seeking alternative sources of energy. Although this can be risky and incur high costs, it can bring many promising results. In addition, the government can pass and enforce stricter laws, along with impose higher taxes on businesses which operate on the use of resources, however, it can stagnate the economy.
All things considered, the excessive use of resources is caused by many factors and it can be bridled by the aforementioned methods.
There are a variety of forces that drive this issue: There are many reasons for this.
Speed up (v.) make something happen faster.
Lax regulations: regulations that not many people follow because they are not strict.
The exhaustion of natural resources: The fact that natural resources become rarer.
Bare (adj.) not covered by anything
To put something into operation: to run it.
To lush with countless species of trees: to be full of trees.
A thorny issue: a complicated issue.
To incur high costs: to be expensive.
To stagnate the economy: make the economy worse
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!