You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.
Write about the following topic:
In many countries people are concerned about the number of children who are overweight.
What do you think are the causes of this? What solutions can you suggest?
Write at least 250 words.
MODEL ESSAY 01:
Gaining weight especially in young teenagers is a major anxious matter amongst many countries. Children became fat because of the modernization and technology advancement. This essay will discuss for the problems of obesity in young people and the responsibilities for the government, the society and the parents.
It is likely that one of the prominent causes giving rises to this problem is the major change in our lifestyle due to remarkable advancement in technology, which has considerable impact on our daily life and health. Children could consume many junk foods at any time, which we consume every day made the matters worse. These foods, which are easily available, often contain ingredients that are highly in calorie, cholesterol and fat, while lack necessary vitamin, mineral and protein and these factors are taking a toll on our health. In addition, teenagers are playing with their computers rather than playing outside. As a result, teenagers are lacking in exercises and becoming overweight.
In my opinion, teachers, parents and government as a whole should take this issue as an emergency and take a necessary step. For instance, parents are keep an eye on their children’s eating habit and make sure to take healthy food while reducing the quality of junk food. The government could limit junk food advertising to discourage children to fail for the bad eating habits.
In conclusion, although many countries are now falling in the similar issues of unhealthy diet but we can defeat this issue by following the steps such as the limit of the junk food consumed by children.
(Band 8.0+, Written by Mr.Adam Lambert, IELTS 8.5)
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!