IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic:
Some people believe that international trade and communication with other countries is a positive trend, while others think it is harmful to nations and they might lose their identities. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your own opinion and relevant examples.
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (November, 2015) & Band 9.0 Samples
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (December, 2015) & Band 9.0 Sample
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (November, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Answers
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 – Topic: Health (October, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Essay
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (October, 2015) & Band 9.0 Sample
Band 8.5 Model Essay
Global communication and trade, at the turn of the 21st century, have brought about many effects. On one hand, they’re blurring technological, economic, political, and cultural boundaries, however on the other they’re said to be crushing a country’s individuality. I personally believe in the former opinion more, which shall be reasoned out further in this essay.
Outsourcing is one of the negative impacts of world trade, where a country loses majority of its jobs to workers in foreign; a stark example is the outsourcing of companies from the US to Indian BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) units. Another, is the increasing reliance on foreign brands compared to local equivalents, for example imported chocolate cookies have more consumption rates than the ones produced by local companies. A large blame is to be put on social communications for creating an overhyped necessity for foreign brands in one’s lifestyle. Such factors are considered to be a significant blow to a country’s own economy and morale of its producers thereby giving rise to the statement in the question.
Looking at the pace international trade is increasing tells us a different story though. In contrast to the ill-effects mentioned above, a number of advantages are put forward by people beckoning world trade to boom. International trade is beneficial to world economy. It adds to the money coffers of the world at large. Every country can benefit monetarily if it is able to dispose off its surplus goods after meeting the requirements of the local people. Consequently the wages and lifestyles of the people automatically start climbing. There’s no stopping globalization so as to consider it; a practical approach would be to take on its positive aspects and work in an according direction to prevent this phenomenon from becoming harmful.
Concluding this topic as a positive trend for the world economies, I would like to say that countries cannot live in isolation. They have to mutually share their prosperity, technical know-how and undertake trade in order to sell their surplus products. The world economy is inter-dependent. Economic progress of a nation would depend upon its ties with other countries.
(351 words, written by Devanshi Shah)
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!