IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic:
Nowadays, more and more older people who need employment compete with the younger people for the same jobs. What problems this causes? What are solutions?
Band 8.0 Model Essay
It is true that competition is a significant attitude in a workplace which is more prevalence between young and old employees. There are numerous reasons regarding this issue and various measures can be taken by governments to improve this situation.
The first predictable consequence is the abundance of mature aged employees. Even though, there is no disputing the fact that aging workforce is highly experienced, they seem to be less productive due to their health deterioration. This would negatively influence their job performance as a result. The other outcome is the increasing rate of unemployment among junior workers which is often reported to be the major cause of teenage crimes. Because of joblessness, youngsters often lack money and thus they may misbehave such as spoiling, killing, etc to live from day to day. Consequently , not only does our society indirectly incite crime in youths, but we also do not effectively exploit young workers who seem to be non-experienced but dedicated to work.
To mitigate these problems, I think, companies would soon implement early retirement incentive programs for devoted elderly laborers. Special healthcare and other social welfare payments should be given to ensure that they live healthily in the rest of their life. Besides, employers should also create more job opportunities for young employees. Take, for example, fast-track scheme, a system for rapid training and job promotion of talented young staff. By this way, they can develop their potential to the fullest and make significant contributions to the company they are working for.
In conclusion, young and old workers play an equally important role in each company’s growth. Therefore, it is necessary for managers to lead multi-generational workforce by training activities as well as staff incentive schemes.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!