IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic:
Nowadays, more and more older people who need employment compete with the younger people for the same jobs. What problems this causes? What are solutions?
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (December, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Essay
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (November, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Answers
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 – Topic: Health (October, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Essay
- AcademicIELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (in September, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Essay
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic – Healthy Lifestyle (in September, 2015) & Band 9.0 Sample
Band 8.0 Model Essay
It is true that competition is a significant attitude in a workplace which is more prevalence between young and old employees. There are numerous reasons regarding this issue and various measures can be taken by governments to improve this situation.
The first predictable consequence is the abundance of mature aged employees. Even though, there is no disputing the fact that aging workforce is highly experienced, they seem to be less productive due to their health deterioration. This would negatively influence their job performance as a result. The other outcome is the increasing rate of unemployment among junior workers which is often reported to be the major cause of teenage crimes. Because of joblessness, youngsters often lack money and thus they may misbehave such as spoiling, killing, etc to live from day to day. Consequently , not only does our society indirectly incite crime in youths, but we also do not effectively exploit young workers who seem to be non-experienced but dedicated to work.
To mitigate these problems, I think, companies would soon implement early retirement incentive programs for devoted elderly laborers. Special healthcare and other social welfare payments should be given to ensure that they live healthily in the rest of their life. Besides, employers should also create more job opportunities for young employees. Take, for example, fast-track scheme, a system for rapid training and job promotion of talented young staff. By this way, they can develop their potential to the fullest and make significant contributions to the company they are working for.
In conclusion, young and old workers play an equally important role in each company’s growth. Therefore, it is necessary for managers to lead multi-generational workforce by training activities as well as staff incentive schemes.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (May – August) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!