Advantages and Disadvantages of New Technology Sample Essays
This article contains New technologies have changed the way children spend their free time. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? sample essays.
Given below is a real IELTS Writing Part 2 Essay question. We have provided sample essays as well as an essay outline so that you can practice writing your own!
Not sure how to approach IELTS Essay questions? Take a look at IELTS Writing Task 2 Preparation Tips/Tricks 2022 | IELTSMaterial.com
In case you want a little more boost on how to write the perfect Advantages/Disadvantages essay with the guide below!
In the IELTS advantages and disadvantages essays, you will be asked to write the benefits and drawbacks of the topic given. You have to be careful that you write the advantages and disadvantages of the topic given and not your opinion about the topic.
To help you to understand this type of essay better, given below is a sample essay with a detailed outline. Along with it, there are two samples and other topics of advantages and disadvantages essays to help you practise during your preparation.
New technologies have changed the way children spend their free time. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Advantages Disadvantages Essay
- Introduce the given topic and reflect on what the statement entails.
- Clearly state the preferred side (Disadvantage)
- Paragraph 1: State the advantages of technology. (Children tend to enjoy playing computer games, and such games might help improve their cognitive development.)
- Paragraph 2: State the disadvantage of technology. (One main drawback is that children who enjoy spending time in front of the computer screen are often reluctant to do exercise.)
Clearly conclude with the supported notion.
Currently, it is true that the way children spend their leisure time has been changed by new technology. While this has several benefits, I believe that the drawbacks far outweigh them.
On the one hand, there are some advantages to children spending their spare time on advanced technologies. Firstly, many children tend to enjoy playing computer games, and such games might help improve their cognitive development. For example, strategic games require players to be good at problem-solving and be able to deal with unexpected situations, so children who play these games can better their logical thinking and problem-solving skills. Secondly, since the source of online information is huge and readily available, young people might benefit from early exposure to the Internet. If people are able to browse the Internet at a young age, they can start their learning process earlier, and as a result, can advance their knowledge as they grow up.
However, I would argue that the advantages discussed above are outweighed by the disadvantages. One main drawback is that children who enjoy spending time in front of the computer screen are often reluctant to do exercise. Low physical activity levels are likely to result in children becoming overweight, and in turn, they would end up being obese. In addition, some games tempt people to continue playing for hours, which could lead to gaming addiction. In role-playing games, for instance, people might need to stay in front of the computer for several hours in order to progress to higher levels, and therefore children may spend an excessive amount of time on games.
In conclusion, while there are some advantages to children spending time on advanced technologies, it seems to me that the disadvantages are more significant.
Technology has been triumphant over sundry verticals nowadays which has modified the leisure time spent by the children around. Although that comes along with the pace digitization has been moving ahead with
Band 9 Sample Essay
Technology has been triumphant over sundry verticals nowadays which has modified the leisure time spent by the children around. Although that comes along with the pace digitization has been moving ahead with and could prove advantageous in the same regard, however, it has its major share of drawbacks that supersedes its advantages in the long marathon. In the forthcoming paragraphs, this essay will analyze both sides.
There are a few pros to children putting their hours of free time in learning the advancement of the technologies and the modus operandi of the same as that keeps them moving and aligning with the dynamic world, especially, during current times. It enhances their digital knowledge that somehow has become the need of the hour in every walks of life. Not only does it improvise their techno acumen, but also keeps them engrossed and absorbed and hence magnifies their wizardry in this domain. For instance, learning coding, programming, and web development aggrandizes their discernment and thereby, prepares them for employment opportunities.
Nevertheless, there are a plethora of significant downsides to that, as well. The exposure and access children get at such a tender age to the avenues of the digital world has often proven to be potentially hazardous to the personalities and thought processes of children using them more. It has been surveyed that teenagers are more prone and vulnerable to be fallen into the trap of cybercrimes and phishing. Moreover, vehement content and certain sites are doing more harm than good. Health demerits again are found very predominantly amongst the segment of children indulged heavily in the usage of computers, be it, obesity, dry eyes symptoms, stress, migraine, etc. Graphic violence again is one of the most pronounced dynamics when it comes to the adverse foreground. Certain games like “Bluewhale” were proscribed after multiple cases were registered against its effects on the younger generation that was reportedly committing suicide post reaching the final stage of the game.
All in all, it could be concluded that although technical expansion is a requirement right now, the pitfalls of children spending their free time on the same often overtakes its advantages and is riskier in the long run.
- Computers are being used in almost all sectors and we are becoming more dependent on this machine. What are the possible future usages of computers and what are the benefits and drawbacks of the extensive usages of computers in our life?
- We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers. They are used in business, crime detection and even to fly planes. What things will they be used for in future? Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspicious of their benefits?
- Modern technology now allows rapid and uncontrolled access and exchange of information. Far from being beneficial, this is a danger to our society. What is your view?
- Earlier technological developments brought more benefits and changed the lives of ordinary people more than recent developments ever will. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- The presence of technology in the classroom has become more and more apparent and offers students tremendous resources with which to supplement their education. Given time, technology will completely replace the traditional teacher in the classroom.
- The internet has brought about many changes into our day to day life. Nowadays we are doing things such as mailing, contacting, banking and communication much faster. Do these developments have more advantages than disadvantages?
More Writing Task 2 Essay Topics
- Every year several languages die out
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children How to be Good Members of Society
- Happiness is considered very important in life
- In some countries the average weight of people is increasing
- Young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school
- Research Indicates That the Characteristics We are Born With Have Much More Influence On Our Personality
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Essay Topics
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Tips
- Tips to Improve IELTS Writing Skills
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- Direct question essay
- IELTS Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet
- IELTS map vocabulary
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Connectors