Some people believe that air travel should be restricted Sample Essay
Limited-Time Offer : Access a FREE 10-Day IELTS Study Plan!
This article contains some people believe that air travel should be restricted sample essays.
Given below is a real IELTS Writing Part 2 Essay question. We have provided sample essays as well as an essay outline so that you can practice writing your own!
Not sure how to approach IELTS Essay questions? Take a look at IELTS Writing Task 2 Preparation Tips/Tricks
Read the sample essay for Some people believe that air travel should be restricted because it causes serious pollution and will use up the world’s resources. Do you agree or disagree?
Restricting air travel is the only way to prevent air pollution. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Sentence 1: Introduce the given topic
- Sentence 2: Clearly and directly state your point of view with one short and simple sentence
- Paragraph 1: Aircraft accounts for a large proportion of air pollution. Planes contribute a large part of local emission annually.
- Paragraph 2: Along with air pollution, aircraft can cause noise pollution.
- Restate your opinion with a clear and direct sentence
The impact of air travel on the environment has been a topic of continuous debate in recent years, following the concern that more and more people refer to it as a convenient means of travel. I feel that restrictions should be imposed on air travel.
The first undeniable factor is that aircraft accounts for a large proportion of air pollution. Planes, either idling or taxiing, contribute a large part of local emissions annually. There are some suggestions that air travel is one of the most suitable modes of transport for long-distance trips. This idea is, however, fallacious. Trains, for instance, can also serve as an optimal alternative, consuming less energy and causing less contamination. So it is highly recommended, that the government imposes restrictions on intra-country travel.
Along with air pollution, aircraft can cause noise pollution. Although it is impossible to precisely measure the actual impact of noise on people’s everyday lives, its ability to increase anxiety and disturbance levels has been confirmed. Especially for those living in the neighbourhood of an airport and around the flight paths, noise problems created by aircraft are a headache.
However, the air is indeed the only fastest means of transport to fly across countries. So it should be operated in such a way that its strengths can be taken maximum advantage of. For instance, by replacing old engines with cleaner ones, people can mitigate the negative effect caused by flying.
In light of the facts discussed above, substantial consideration should be given to pollution caused by aircraft. Air travel should be preferred only when there are no other means of transport available.
Meaning: forming an unbroken whole; without interruption
Eg.: There was a continuous droning sound coming from the engine.
Meaning: unable to be denied or disputed
Eg.: Her beauty was undeniable.
Meaning: run slowly while disconnected from a load or out of gear.
Eg.: She kept the engine idling.
Meaning: move slowly along the ground before take-off or after landing
Eg.: You should not stand up while the plane is taxiing.
Meaning: the production and discharge of something, especially gas or radiation
Eg.: Cars are a leading cause of carbon emissions.
Meaning: based on a mistaken belief
Eg.: She made a fallacious judgement in a rush.
Meaning: the action or state of making or being made impure by polluting or poisoning
Eg.: They were quarantined to prevent further contamination.
Meaning: exact terms; without vagueness.
Eg.: the guidelines are precisely defined.
Meaning: make (something bad) less severe, serious, or painful
Eg.: They gave me painkillers to mitigate the pain.
- In light of
Meaning: taking (something) into consideration.
Eg.: He was let go from the company in light of the recent fraud allegations against him.
More Writing Task 2 Essay Topics
- Many People Are Working Longer and Longer Hours
- A Number Of Different Medical Traditions Are Now Widely Known And Used
- Some People Think That Newly Built Houses Should Follow The Style Of Old Houses In The Local Areas
- Recent Figures Show An Increase In Violent Crime Among Youngsters Under The Age Of 18
- Many People Argue That In Order To Improve Educational Quality
Also check :
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Tips
- IELTS Writing tips
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS writing practice test
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet
- IELTS map vocabulary
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Connectors