IELTS Writing 2 Practice Test 25 Topic: Some people believe that air travel should be restricted
Some people believe that air travel should be restricted because it causes serious pollution and will use up the world’s resources. Do you agree or disagree? OR
Restricting air travel is the only way to prevent air pollution. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Sentence 1: Introduce the given topic
- Sentence 2: Clearly and directly state your point of view with one short and simple sentence
- Paragraph 1: Aircraft accounts for a large proportion of air pollution. Planes contribute a large part of local emission annually.
- Paragraph 2: Along with air pollution, aircraft can cause noise pollution.
- Restate your opinion with a clear and direct sentence
The impact of air travel on the environment has been the topic of continuous debate in recent years, following the concern that more and more people refer to it as a convenient means of travel. I feel that restrictions should be imposed on air travel.
The first undeniable factor is that aircraft accounts for a large proportion of air pollution. Planes, either idling or taxiing, contribute a large part of local emission annually. There are some suggestions that air travel is one of the most suitable modes of transport for long-distance trips. This idea is, however, fallacious. Trains, for instance, can also serve as an optimal alternative, consuming less energy and causing less contamination. So it is highly recommended, that the government imposes restrictions for intra country travel.
Along with air pollution, aircraft can cause noise pollution. Although it is impossible to precisely measure the actual impact of noise on people’s everyday lives, its ability to increase anxiety and disturbance levels has been confirmed. Especially to those living in the neighbourhood of an airport and around the flight paths, noise problems created by aircraft is a headache.
However, the air is indeed the only fastest means of transport to fly across countries. So it should be operated in such a way that its strengths can be taken maximum advantage. For instance, by replacing old engines with cleaner ones, people can mitigate the negative effect caused by flying.
In light of those facts discussed above, substantial consideration should be given to pollution caused by aircraft. Air travel should be preferred only when there are no other means of transport available.
- In light of
Get Evaluated for FREE:
Do you have an essay on this topic? Please post it in the comments section. One of our IELTS trainers will evaluate your essay from an examiner’s point of view and reply to the comment. This service is completely FREE of cost.
More Writing Task 2 Essay Topics
- Many People Are Working Longer and Longer Hours
- A Number Of Different Medical Traditions Are Now Widely Known And Used
- Some People Think That Newly Built Houses Should Follow The Style Of Old Houses In The Local Areas
- Recent Figures Show An Increase In Violent Crime Among Youngsters Under The Age Of 18
- Many People Argue That In Order To Improve Educational Quality
Also check :
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Tips
- IELTS Writing tips
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS writing practice test
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet
- IELTS map vocabulary
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Connectors