IELTS Writing Task 2 Discursive Essay Topic: Nowadays Education Quality is Very Low
In IELTS Writing Task 2, students are asked to write a formal essay of at least 250 words, in 4-5 paragraphs based on the given writing task 2 essay topics. The task is similar for both Academic and General Training with regards to the type of questions and the scoring, but the topics given for General Training will be slightly easier than Academic. Given below is a discursive/discussion essay with a sample answer that will help you to practise and get a good score.
Many people argue that in order to improve educational quality, high school students are encouraged to make comments or even criticism on their teachers. Others think it will lead to loss of respect and discipline in the classroom. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. OR
Nowadays education quality is very low. Some people think we should encourage our students to evaluate and criticize their teachers. Others believe that it will result in a loss of respect and discipline in the classroom. Discuss on both sides.
Finding ways to improve educational quality is often one of the top priorities in every education system. In some cultures, high school students are encouraged to give their opinions about teachers, but I believe that this can also give rise to a lack of respect and discipline in the classroom.
On the one hand, it is true that feedback from learners may contribute to an improvement in educational quality. In many cases, the level of comprehension of students relies very much, not on the content of the lesson but on the way teachers conduct it. If, for example, the class is slow, it will be ineffective for teachers to teach too fast so that most students fail to retain the information. Without the comments of students, it would be difficult to know whether the speed of the lesson is appropriate for the class, which may eventually impair the quality of the lesson.
However, there are several drawbacks of allowing students to make comments and criticism on their teachers. Firstly, teachers can be vulnerable to the negative words of students. Many will feel that their efforts in delivering the lesson deserve praise rather than criticism or any form of feedback. This idea is commonly shared by teachers in the education systems of many Asian countries. Secondly, the classroom may be in chaos due to the massive numbers of comments. Opinions vary from students to students, and it would be impractical for teachers to work out a way of teaching that can satisfy all students.
In conclusion, it seems to me that encouraging high school students to comment about their teachers does not necessarily mean an improvement in education quality.
- to retain smth: to keep something; to continue to have something
==>She has a good memory and finds it easy to retain facts.
- To impair smth: to damage something or make something worse.
==>His age impaired his chances of finding a new job.
- To be vulnerable to smth: weak and easily hurt physically or emotionally
==>Old people are particularly vulnerable to the flu.
- chaos: a state of complete confusion and lack of order
==>The house was in chaos after the party.
Get Evaluated for FREE:
Do you have an essay on this topic? Please post it in the comments section. One of our IELTS trainers will evaluate your essay from an examiner’s point of view and reply to the comment. This service is completely FREE of cost.
More Writing Task 2 Essay Topics
- Should Wealthy Nations Be Required To Share Their Wealth
- Everyone Should Become Vegetarian Because They Do Not Need To Eat Meat To Have A Healthy Diet
- Environmental Problems Are Too Big To Be Managed By Individual Person or Individual Country
- Some People Think That Radio Has Become Out-Of-Date
- Many People Say That The Only Way to Guarantee a Good Job Is To Complete A Course In University Education
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Tips
- IELTS Writing tips
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- IELTS Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet
- IELTS map vocabulary
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Connectors