IELTS Writing 2 Practice Test 19 + Band 8.0 Sample Answer
The high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising but not the real need of the society where such products are sold. Do you agree or disagree?
- State your opinion clearly (whether you agree or disagree). Explain in brief what you are going to write in the body paragraphs.
- Advertising is a method used by corporations to introduce their products and services to the market, attract the eye of consumers and increase sales.
- Paragraph 1: Advertisement conquers the audience mainly by sending them the message they are unaware of specific brands or products.
- Paragraph 2: Advertising also works to create a best-seller image for a newly -marketed product. The audiences are tempted to buy it in the hope that they can become participants of a fad.
- Restate your opinion with a clear and direct sentence
Advertising is well – known as a method of promotion. It is a method used by corporations to introduce their products and services to the market, attract the eye of consumers and increase sales. Critics of advertising argue that this is the only way of increasing sales of some products, inducing consumers to purchase what they do not need in their daily lives. From my personal perspective, this contention is self – evident. In the next few paragraphs, I will discuss this statement in detail.
Advertisement conquers the audience mainly by sending them the message they are unaware of specific brands or products. And this can lead to a situation where the customers make wrong decisions to purchase the things they do not need. The advertisements related to medicine, dietary supplement and other life-enhancing products provide a typical example. Targeting the buyers who are worried about health, advertisers have sought to encourage them to think that they are threatened by such problems like malnutrition or dysfunctioning of any of their body parts. Due to lack of knowledge in this field, the audience will rush to purchase the advertised products. Such cases are ever-present.
Advertising also works to create a best – seller image for a newly – marketed product. The audiences are tempted to buy it in the hope that they can become participants of a fad. It is not uncommon that cell phone users replace their phones every year, although the phone they have abandoned is still in usable conditions. They might not need to make purchases frequently, but advertising spurs them to do so. Advertisers too, often misuse the power of advertising.
Although the presence of advertisements spread knowledge about the latest tecnological inventions, more often than not, they only create a hole in the pocket.
In conclusion, people should stay alert to the influence, advertisements have on their decision-making process. As indicated above, advertising usually has twisted information about what products contain, or how a product is flavoured, thereby driving people to make insensible decisions.
- Life-enhancing products
- Sought to
Also check :
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write introduction in IELTS Writing Task 2
- Tips to write great writing essay
- IELTS Sample essays
- IELTS Writing task 2 Preparation Tips
- IELTS Writing tips
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS writing practice test
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- IELTS Band 9 essays
- Advantage and Disadvantage Essays
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet
- IELTS map vocabulary
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Connectors