Reading for IELTS is part of the Improve your Skills exam skills series: three preparation books which cover all aspects of the IELTS exam for students aiming for an IELTS band score of 6.0-7.5. This course aims to develop the key reading skills, and language and exam techniques for the IELTS Reading paper.
The course can be used together with the other books in the series: Writing for IELTS 6.0-7.5 and Listening & Speaking for IELTS 6.0-7.5.
You can use any of the books in this series either in class or to study on your own. The course will guide you through the activities step by step, so you can use this book with or without a teacher.
If you are studying as part of a class, your teacher will direct you on how to use each activity. Some activities can be treated as discussions, in which case they can be a useful opportunity to share ideas and techniques with other learners.
The course is made up of 10 units, each aimed at developing a particular reading skill (e.g., scanning). Every unit is themed around a commonly occurring topic from the IELTS exam.
Each unit consists of:
• Skills development: explanation, examples and tasks to develop and practise relevant reading skills both for general use and the exam. Each skill Ls broken down into simple stages with reference to why each skill is important for IELTS.
• Vocabulary: useful vocabulary for the IELTS exam.
• Exam focus and practice: focus on how each skill relates to the exam, followed by authentic IELTS-style tasks for real exam practice.
There are also Skills tips boxes throughout the book containing useful information and ideas on how to approach the different exam reading skills.
How will Improve your Skills increase my chances of exam success?
The skills sections form a detailed syllabus of c ore reading skills which are useful both in ihe exam and in everyday life – reading for specific information and understanding attitude and opinion, for example. People often do these things in their own language without noticing, so it can take some practice to perform these actions in another language. learning and understanding vocabulary and grammar can take priority in the classroom, and these very important skills can often get ignored.
Each unit includes useful vocabulary and phrases for the exam. In Improve Your Skills: Reading for IELTS, you will find a wide range of topic vocabulary and ideas to ensure that you are well prepared when you reach the real exam.
In any exam, it is important to be prepared for the types of tasks you are likely to be given, and to have methods ready to answer any particular question. The Skills tip boxes give short, simple advice about different types of questions, as well as study skills and how to effectively use the skills you have learnt. The course covers every question type that you will face in the IELTS exam.
FREE DOWNLOAD HERE:
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!