Cambridge Vocabulary for IELTS written by Pauline Cullen includes useful tips on how to approach IELTS exam tasks and covers especially tricky areas such as the language needed to describe data and processes.
It is informed by the Cambridge International Corpus and the Cambridge Learner Corpus to ensure that the vocabulary is presented in genuine contexts and includes real learner errors. Also available is Cambridge Vocabulary for Advanced (Band 6.5 or above).
- Cambridge IELTS Trainer With Answers (Ebook & Audio)
- Cambridge IELTS 13 Academic Student’s Book with Answers (PDF & Audio CD)
- Collins Vocabulary For IELTS by Anneli Williams (Ebook)
- IELTS Life Skills Official Cambridge Test Practice B1 with Answers (Ebook)
- Cambridge Grammar And Vocabulary For Advanced (Ebook & Audio)
- Aims to improve the accuracy of your vocabulary and help you be well prepared for IELTS.
- Provides you with useful vocabulary through listening and reading texts that reflect the materials used in the real IELTS test.
- Furnishes IELTS learners with new vocabulary in context which helps them understand vocabulary thoroughly.
- Gives IELTS candidates opportunities to practise new words via exercises, which allows them to extend their vocabulary. Each unit has three pages of vocabulary exercises based on listening, reading, writing and speaking materials similar to those found in the real IELTS test.
- When studying this book, you can start off with your favorite units or study all the units from beginning to end thoroughly. Units 21 and 22 give helpful tips on learning new vocabulary and how to use a dictionary. These units provide a very useful introduction to learning vocabulary, so it may be a good idea to look at these first.
|Map of the book
IELTS Test summary
Unit 1 Growing up
Unit 2 Mental and physical development
Unit 3 Keeping fit
Unit 4 Lifestyles
Unit 5 Student life
Unit 6 Effective communication
Unit 7 On the move
Unit 8 Through the ages
Unit 9 The natural world
Unit 10 Reaching for the skies
Unit 11 Design and innovation
Unit 12 Information technology
Unit 13 The modern world
Unit 14 Urbanisation
Unit 15 The green revolution
Unit 16 The energy crisis
Unit 17 Talking business
Unit 18 The law
Unit 19 The media
Unit 20 The arts
Unit 21 Language building 1
Unit 22 Language building 2
Unit 23 Academic Writing Task 1
Unit 24 Academic Writing Task 2
Unit 25 General Training Writing Tasks 1 and 2
How to get it?
You can get it on Amazon or leave your email in the comment section to receive it via email.
For Advanced edition, you can visit Cambridge Vocabulary for IELTS Advanced Band 6.5+ with Answers and Audio CD (Cambridge English).
This advanced version of Cambridge Vocabulary for IELTS covers all the vocabulary needed by students aiming for band 6.5 and above in the IELTS tests and provides students with practice of exam tasks from each paper. Cambridge Vocabulary for IELTS Advanced focuses on moving students to 6.5 and beyond by working on vocabulary-building strategies necessary for success at advanced levels. It includes useful tips on how to approach IELTS exam tasks and covers especially tricky areas such as paraphrase and collocation. It is informed by the Cambridge English Corpus to ensure that the vocabulary is presented in genuine contexts and includes real learner errors. The Audio CD contains the listening and pronunciation exercises from each unit. The material is suitable for self-study or homework tasks, and may also be used in class with the teacher.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!