IELTS EOR – Essential information to know about it in 2023 || IELTSMaterial
In many cases, candidates are not satisfied with their IELTS results and want to apply for a reevaluation. Sometimes, the results are delayed, making the candidate worried. In that situation also, he/she can apply for an enquiry, which is called EOR. So, in this article, we will discuss the meaning of IELTS EOR, how to apply for it and related facts.
What is EOR in IELTS?
When an IELTS candidate is confident that he/she should receive a better band score and is disappointed with the result, they can opt for revaluation. This process of review or reevaluation is known as Enquiry of Result, or EOR.
In this process, a new examiner will be assigned to recheck the answers. He/she will not be informed about the initial IELTS scores to make the assessment bias-free.
If there is a change in the band score, a new Test Report Form (TRF) will be published.
Important Facts about IELTS EOR
There is some other important information that you should be aware of about EOR. They are:
- Test-takers have to apply for the EOR within six weeks of the date on which they took the Listening, Writing and Reading test, which takes place on the same day.
- Candidates can contact the test center where they took their IELTS exam, to apply for the EOR.
- Aspirants can apply to reassess their whole exam or only a particular module.
- The cost of EOR will be the same, whether one applies for full test review or for any specific module.
- It takes around six weeks to complete the process. The more sections one applies for remarking, the more time it might take for the completion of the process.
- While the reevaluation is under process, candidates cannot use the initial scorecard.
- Candidates will receive a complete refund of the EOR cost if the result changes to a higher band score after re-evaluation.
Cost of EOR
Generally, the operational fees for submitting an EOR vary from one test center to another. But, a general cost for each type of IELTS test is given below:
|Name of Test||Cost (in Rupees)|
Note: All the costs given above are inclusive of all taxes.
For the IELTS Academic and General Training examinations, payment is made through the Test Taker Portal; for the IELTS for UKVI and Life Skills exams, payment is paid using bank slip.
How to Apply for EOR?
A candidate can apply for IELTS EOR either by contacting the test center directly or by filling up the online application through the Test Taker Portal.
- Once the candidate gets in touch with the test center, they will be provided with an IELTS EOR form. The cost details will be provided in this form as it might vary according to the center.
- After filling in all the necessary details carefully, he/she has to submit it back to the center administration.
- The form will be sent to either Australia or the UK for re-evaluation.
- Once the test has been reevaluated, the test center will send an email on the provided email address. This email will contain the updated scorecard and the details of the refund fees.
- In case there is no change, the original scorecard will be sent back and there will be no refund.
- Once the candidate logs in the Test Taker Portal, he/she should click on the Enquiry On Results (EOR) option.
- One should follow the guidelines provided there to make the process hassle-free.
Another way to request the Enquiry on Results for your IELTS English exam, by filling the form. Once the form is filled out, it should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
So, if you are certain that your IELTS score will increase and will benefit your reason for taking the IELTS exam, go ahead!
In case you want more information, you can book a free session with one of our IELTS experts.
Post your Comments