Be Your Bread And Butter – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- 10 Useful Idioms for the IELTS Speaking Test
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Authority and control
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Fear and Frustration
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Health, illness, and death
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Deception
be an activity or job you do to get the money you need
“Actually, working as an accountant is my bread and butter although I don’t love it very much. I like to be a dancer.”
“Nowadays, the university graduates feel difficult to find their bread and butter because the labour market is so harshly competitive. “
“Jack needs to find his bread and butter as soon as possible; he has been being all out money for 3 weeks”
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
“Taxi-driving is _____________ though he also writes music”
A. on a knife of edge.
B. his bread and butter.
C. having egg on his face.
D. at a push .
- Describe the first job you have done to get money. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– What was the kind of job ?
– When did you take a job ?
– What did you do during this time ?
– And how did you feel when you received your first salary ?
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017