Down and outs – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS
Down and outs – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
people who have no home, no money and no job, who live on the streets.
“My teacher is a warm-hearted person. She always helps down and outs who she met on the streets and hands out food to them.”
“Local council should pay attention to down and outs such as creating more jobs for them to meet human basic needs”
- The sentence given below contains an idiom. From the given alternatives, choose the one that best expresses the meaning of this idiom.
“She’s always giving money to down and outs and anyone who begs in the street.”
A. She gives money to everyone she meets on the street.
B. She gives money to the government.
C. She gives money to poor people who have no home, no job.
D. She is all out money .
- Describe the time when you help someone. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– When did it happen ?
– What does he/she look like ?
– What did you do to help him/her ?
– And How did you feel when you did it ?
Also check :