Fair-weather Friend – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking
Fair-weather Friend – Idiom Of The Day
a person who is a reliable friend only when times are good, but not when there are troubles or when times are hard
- Russ won’t help you; he is only a fair-weather friend.
- Sharon will stick by you no matter what happens; she is not just a fair-weather friend.
- A fair-weather friend isn’t much help in an emergency.
1. Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
” Bill stayed for lunch but he wouldn’t help me with the yard work. He’s just ______________________. ”
A. keep my nose to the grindstone
B. the spitting image of me
C. crack the book
D. a fair-weather friend
2. Describe a difficult time you had to overcome. Try to use this idiom in your speech.
You should say:
- When it happened
- What the difficulties you had to encounter
- Who helped you overcome it
- And explain how did you feel about this
Also check :