Fair-weather Friend – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Authority and control
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Fear and Frustration
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Health, illness, and death
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Deception
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Starting and stopping
a person who is a reliable friend only when times are good, but not when there are troubles or when times are hard
“Russ won’t help you; he is only a fair-weather friend.“
“Sharon will stick by you no matter what happens; she is not just a fair-weather friend.“
“A fair-weather friend isn’t much help in an emergency.”
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
” Bill stayed for lunch but he wouldn’t help me with the yard work. He’s just ______________________. “
A. keep my nose to the grindstone
B. the spitting image of me
C. crack the book
D. a fair-weather friend
- Describe a difficult time you had to overcome. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– When it happened
– What the difficulties you had to encounter
– Who helped you overcome it
And explain how did you feel about this
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017