Have A Sinking Feeling – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- 10 Useful Idioms for the IELTS Speaking Test
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Authority and control
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Fear and Frustration
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Health, illness, and death
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Deception
When you feel that something bad was about to happen.
“I had a sinking feeling when the policeman stood at my front door.”
“When Jane’s husband told her that he had to go to Germany for a week, she has already had a sinking feeling with his trip.”
“Willy has a sinking feeling when his wife asks him about this girl.”
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
“I had forgotten to do my homework, so I _____________ when my teacher asked for it.”
A. lost sleep over it.
B. went out like a light.
C. ran out of patience.
D. had a sinking feeling.
- Describe the time when you forget something important. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– When it happened
– What you forget
– What you did
And did you learn any lessons from this.
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!