Hit And Run – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- 10 Useful Idioms for the IELTS Speaking Test
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Authority and control
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Fear and Frustration
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Health, illness, and death
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Deception
an accident where the driver who caused the accident leaves the scene of the accident, to escape punishment
“They caught the hit and run driver because someone saw his license number and called the police.”
“He went to prison for hit and run.”
“Luckily, a more concentrated police presence near busy intersections has cut down on the number of hit-and-runs over the past two years”
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
“Police are appealing for witnesses to help identify the ________________ driver of this morning’s fatal accident.“
A. took a bow
B. throwing money down the drain
C. hit and run
D. a cash-flow problem
- Describe an accident that you have seen. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– What the accident was
– When it happened
– Who was involved in this accident
And explain how did you feel about that
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!