Play One’s Ace – Idiom of the Day for IELTS Speaking
use one’s best resource/weapon
It’s time to play our ace and put our strongest player.
A. Complete the following sentences by filling in the appropriate idioms.
went for broke playing its ace putting our cards on the table
rock-bottom sweetened the deal
1. We’re_________________. We want to buy this company and put our own management team.
2. One of our competitors is ______________ to stage a hostile takeover of our company.
3. The company _________ after failing to find new investors.
4. The shops ___________ by giving a 10% discount on all items.
5. The $16 million amount for a house and lot in the center of the city is a _______ offer.
B. Make sentences using the learned idiom and write it down in the comment box below
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (May – August) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!