Idiom – No Flies On You
No Flies On You – Idiom of the Day
You are alert, brisk and active. There is not a bit of sluggishness in you.
Also You cannot be easily deceived.
Also You’re extremely adept at doing something.
It’s a 19th century expression, which came from the fact that flies can’t settle on someone who is active and always moving.
- He was my best emplyee, there were no flies on him.
- She may be new to this field, but there are no flies on her.
- Daniel: Hey Luther
- Luther: Daniel! How’s the big case going?
- Daniel: Haven’t had a moment’s rest
- Luther: I can see that. No flies on you.
- I wake up at five every single morning training for the marathon. There are no flies on me.
- The new kid has been coming to the restaurant an hour early to work, cleaning, prepping and making sure everything is perfect for when the chefs arrive. He may not be the brightest person, but there are no flies on him for sure.
- Man you can’t sell your inferior quality product to this new bunch of retailers. They’ll spot it from a mile away. No flies on them.
- You can’t tell Will that you just forgot about his birthday, he won’t believe you for a second. There are no flies on him.
- Jimmy can sell ice to an eskimo. There are no flies on him.