Complete the table below.
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
|Name of club||film||climbing||chess|
|Extra activities||discussions||1 _____________||2 ________________|
|Current number of members||3 ______________||40||55|
|Contact||Events organizer||4 _____________||Maths tutor|
Complete the notes below.
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
Details of climbing club:
6. excursion to France in the _______________________ .
7. subscriptions paid ____________________.
8. discounts on ______________________.
9. annual __________________.
10. free entrance to climbing ________________ in Cardiff.
Which features are available at the following halls of residence?
Choose FIVE answers below and write the correct letter A-G next to Questions 11-15.
List of Features
A. cleaning Included
B. all meals included
C. private showers
D. modern building
E. parking spaces
F. single sex
G. sports facilities
Halls of Residence
11. Brown Hall
12. Blake Residence
13. Queens Building
14. Parkway Flats
15. Temple Rise
Label the map below.
Write the correct letter A-G next to Questions 16-20.
Complete the sentences below.
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR A NUMBER for each answer.
21. Jenna and Marco must complete their project by____________________.
22. The project will be a study of the increase in ______________________.
23. The project will be assessed by ________________________.
24. Jenna and Marco agree they need a __________________ for the project.
Choose THREE letters, A-G.
What THREE things do Marco and Jenna have to do now for the project?
A. interview some people
B. handout questionnaires
C. choose their subjects
D. take photographs
E. use statistical software
F. do some work in the library
G. contact some local companies
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
28. Why did Jenna and Marco agree to work together?
A. because they both wanted to work with someone
B. because they each have different skills
C. because they have worked together before
29. Why does Marco suggest that he writes the analysis?
A. He needs more practice with this kind of writing.
B. He is better at English than Jenna.
C. He has more experience of this than Jenna.
30. Why does Jenna offer to do the presentation?
A. Her tutor wants her to do the presentation.
B. Marco is very nervous about giving presentations.
C. She wants to divide the work on the project fairly.
Of which US news source is each of the following statements true?
Write the correct letter A, B or C next to Questions 31-35.
C. the press
31. It is more popular at the weekend than during the week.
32. It has affected the popularity of local radio.
33. It has recently been able to expand internationally.
34. It is offering more varied reporting than previously.
35. It has suffered from government intervention.
Complete the summary below.
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
Advertising and Newspapers
In the USA, newspapers are being increasingly inventive about the way they! attract advertisers and their 36__________________ now exceeds that of other industries. Advertising has increased because of a good relationship with the 37___________________ sector. In addition, newspapers now run more adverts which include 38_________________. These have been found to raise readership of the papers and create more sales for the 39__________________. There are also an increasing number of more expensive 40___________________ adverts.
SECTION 1 Questions 1-10
- weekend trips
twice a/per month
SECTION 2, Questions 11-20
SECTION 3 Questions 21-30
- March 25th
25/26/27. (in any order) B,D,C
SECTION 4 Questions 31-40
BONUS EXERCISE: GAP-FILLING
The texts below are transcript for your IELTS Listening Practice Test. To make the most out of this transcript, we removed some words from the texts and replaced with spaces. You have to fill each space with the missing word by listening to the audio for this IELTS listening practice test.