In the Listening Test 118, you will hear 4 audio recordings and answer questions 1-40 based on them.
Section 1 is a conversation between 2 colleagues about the company picnic.
Section 2 is a presentation on advice on legal matters.
Section 3 is a conversation among a group of people discussing the next presentation tips.
Section 4 is a monologue on the subject of Celts.
- 1 Section 1
- 2 Section 2
- 3 Section 3
- 4 Section 4
- 5 Answers
Answer the following questions using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
1. How many people are Cindy and Bob planning the picnic for?
2. On which date will the picnic be held?
3. What is the total budget for food and drink per person?
4. Which food does Bob specifically say is unsuitable?
Complete the following notes about the three catering companies Bob and Cindy discuss.
lack of variety of food
poor quality 5__________________
6__________________ discount for groups of 30 or more
only 7_____________ for picnics
offers free samples
Answer the questions using only a date or a telephone number.
9. When will Bob and Cindy go to Celebrations?
10. What is Celebrations“ telephone number?
Complete the notes on the Citizens Advice Bureau using NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each gap.
11_______________ a solicitor
Suggest where you can find free legal advice
Inform you whether you can get 12______________ to cover legal costs
Complete the notes on the police using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each gap
don’t be aggressive
do not try to bribe police officers
ask plain-clothes police officers for 13_____________
give your true name and address if asked
do not sign anything without a solicitor’s 14_____________
you can make one telephone call
Complete the following notes on illegal actions using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each gap.
The following three things are illegal:
the possession of 15_____________
the possession or 16_____________ of drugs disorderly conduct
Write the appropriate letters in any order on your answer sheet.
Decide which FOUR of the following statements are true, according to the speaker.
A. It is socially acceptable to drink a lot of alcohol.
B. People often arrange to meet in bars.
C. Drinking non-alcoholic drinks in bars is socially acceptable.
D. You can drink a little and still drive a car.
E. You can drink in public.
F. Doctors can give patients otherwise illegal drugs.
G. You must be over 18 to buy alcohol.
H. Many people use illegal drugs.
Also check :
- IELTS Listening
- IELTS Listening Answer Sheet
- IELTS listening recent actual test
- IELTS Listening preparation tips
- IELTS Listening Practice Test
- IELTS Listening words
Complete the following sentences using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each gap.
21. Melissa’s first tip is _______________
22. Simona says that a presenter should not ______________
23. David explains that PCP means ____________
24. David says PCP will ___________ and promote retention.
25. Carlos offers a general piece of advice for public speaking, which is _____________
Write the corresponding letter A, B, C, D on your answer sheet.
Identify which speaker is being referred to in each statement.
26. He /She mentions that jokes can be useful in context.
28. He /She mentions that the question and answer part is very important.
29. He /She says that finishing early might be a good idea.
30. He /She says that you should drink enough.
Answer the following questions using NO MORE THAN ONE WORD OR A NUMBER for each answer.
31. Which metal were the Celts using at the beginning of the first millennium B.C.?
32. When did excavation at Hallstatt begin?
33. When were Celtic remains near La Tene uncovered?
Answer the following questions about Hallstatt culture using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR AN NUMBER for each answer.
34. How many periods of Hallstatt culture were there?
35. Which two items were traded over long distances at the beginning of the Hallstatt period?
36. There were settlements built during the Hallstatt C period?
37. What led to a stratified society?
Complete the following sentences about La Téne culture using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each gap.
38. Celtic ____________ took place during the La Téne period.
39. After 400 B.C., the La Téne culture __________________
40. Weapons and everyday items can be found in La Tene ____________ across Europe.
2. 26th August
4. ice cream/ice-cream
7. cold meals
12. legal aid
13. form of identification
15. (offensive) weapons
16. supply (hard)
17. B,C,F,G (in any order)
18. B,C,F,G (in any order)
19. B,C,F,G (in any order)
20. B,C,F,G (in any order)
21. show up
24. draw attention
35. copper and tin
37. luxury trade
38. expansion and migration
39. spread rapidly
Continue with…Test 119