[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/328416285″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
- 1 SECTION 1
- 2 SECTION 2
- 3 SECTION 3
- 4 SECTION 4
Complete the description of the man $ briefcase using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS/LETTERS for each answer.
Very light brown briefcase, approx. 50 x 30 cm. Distinctive 1______________clasp on front. Red trimmings. Black 2_____________Initials 3______________on clasp.
Answer the following questions using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR NUMBERS for each answer.
4. What ‘is the lost property number given to the man?
5. When does the lost property office open?
6. How is the man going to the airport next week?
7. What is to the left of the lost property office?
Complete the following sentences using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS NUMBERS for each answer.
8. What is the shortest time lost items are kept by the office?
9. How often does the office sell lost items?
10. Where does money from the December sale go?
Decide which method or methods of sending money abroad is/are being described. Write
A for international money order.
B for bank draft.
C for electronic transfer.
D for telegraphic transfer.
11. You need a local bank account to use this.
12. You can avoid a commission fee if you use a local bank and the local currency.
13. Using a local bank and the local currency will allow you to get access to your money sooner.
14 . This is the quickest way to send money abroad.
Complete the following summary about taking money out of your country.
Your government might 15 ___________________ of money in and out of your country, so you might need to find out how to 16________________to transfer money, if there is a limit on transfers and what regulations there are.
Complete the following notes about having enough money for your first few days abroad
|Cash||useful for 17________________||less secure|
|Travellers’ cheques||insured against 18__________ can be 19__________ in some shops /restaurants||not widely accepted|
|Credit cards||widely accepted can get cash from bank machines||may involve 20_____________ commission fee being charged|
Complete the notes on the purposes of a lesson plan using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
A LESSON PLAN
help with 21__________________
creates a focus
reminder to put aims first
23___________ student problems
creates opportunities for solutions
brings lesson 24_______________
distribution of time for each activity
reminder of materials
Complete the following notes on the example lesson plan.
|Class profile||academic, 3-months study, improve spoken English|
|Aims||elicit reading comprehension and speaking abilities for story telling, practice present simple and the past simple|
|Assumptions||students can understand instructions|
|Anticipated problems||students may not know some extreme sports 27________________|
|Solutions||elicit differences using questions|
|Teaching aids||textbook, blackboard, chalk, chalk eraser, pictures of 28______________ climbing|
Answer the questions using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
29. When using books, what should the student definitely write down, apart from the title?
30. What does the tutor give the student a list of?
Answer the following questions using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR NUMBERS for each answer.
31. Which three foreign languages are traditionally taught in the USA?
32. How old are the youngest schoolchildren learning Chinese?
33. How many students are learning the leading 15 languages?
34. What percentage of Europeans speak a second language?
Complete the following sentences using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
35. ___________________are secondary to cultural exchange at Potomac Elementary.
36. The young boy finds writing the strokes of Chinese characters in the_______________________to be difficult.
37. The lecturer says that children take more interest in learning if________________________do.
38. Apart from Chinese, the NEP focuses on_________________________
Decide which university student or students (A, B and/or C) is being referred to.
39. They have (He/ She has) been learning Chinese since they were 11 or younger.
40. They are (He/ She is) learning Chinese to help with their future career.
Section 1, Questions 1-10
1. (bright) red
4. EDV 758
6. (by) underground/subway/tube
7. (large/electronic) departures board
8. 3/three months
9. twice a year
10. (to) children’s charities
Section 2, Questions 11-20
11. IN ANY ORDER
15. control the flow
16. get permission
17. (covering) small purchases
18. loss or theft
19. used like cash
20. (quite) substantial
Section 3, Questions 21-30
21. pace and timing
23. highlights potential
24. coherence and cohesion
26. avoid excessive instructions
28. rock and mountain
29. pages/page numbers
Section 4, Questions 31-40
31. French, Spanish, German (NB in any order)
33. 1.4 million/1400000
35. weighty national priorities
36. right order
37. (their) parents
38. Arabic, Korean, Russian (NB in any order)
39. IN ANY ORDER
40. IN ANY ORDER
BONUS EXERCISE: GAP-FILLING
The texts below are transcript for your IELTS Listening Practice Test. To make the most out of this transcript, we removed some words from the texts and replaced with spaces. You have to fill each space with the missing word by listening to the audio for this IELTS listening practice test.