Complete the following information about the cars available for rental using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR NUMBERS for each answer.
|Name||Size||Miles per gallon||Price*|
|*Prices include tax and 4__________________|
Complete the following information using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR NUMBERS for each answer.
Name David 5
Address 7_____________________ Arlington Close, Beddleton, Yorkshire.
Complete the following sentences.
8. In the car, there is a_____________and a torch.
9. The registration number of the car is_______________
10. The car uses a______________ locking system.
Answer the following questions using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
11. How did the traveller hear about New York?
12. How many times had the traveller flown by plane?
13. What surprised the traveller about New York’s airport?
14. What happened in London?
Complete the following sentences using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
15. The traveller liked the different kinds of______________________
16. Things that the traveller didn’t like in New York were the_____________________
17. From the flat, the traveller could see the___________________
Choose the correct answer or answers from A-D.
18. The traveller found New Yorkers to be
19. Which people showed the traveller around New York?
A. Her friend.
B. Her friends.
C. Her friends’ neighbours.
20. What events did the traveller see?
A. A chess tournament.
B. The Feast of San Gennaro.
C. The Annual African American Day Parade.
D. Richmond County Fair.
Complete the notes on how to teach kina esthetic learners using only ONE word for each gap.
22. Spell out words in the_____________.
23. Put_______________on board and students label it.
24. Students______________out words and others guess them.
Complete the following sentences about visual learners using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
25. Flash cards can be different colours according to the____________________.
26. Students can____________________words In texts and ask their partners for meanings.
27. Lastly, Tina points out that____________________can be used.
Complete the summary on auditory learners using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each gap.
Students listen to a 28_________________and draw what they hear or the teacher could describe a picture and the teacher and students can see whose picture was closest to the original.
Each student gets a flash card and holds up their card when the 29__________ is used in a song, poem or story. Students add a sentence to a story, including the word on their flash card.
The teacher gives the students lyrics with some words replaced by 30____________ words. Students listen to the song and make corrections.
Complete the following sentences according to the information given by the tutor. Use NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
31. Note taking improves your ability to________________on what the speaker says.
32. Note taking allows you to get a_________________of the material being presented.
33. There are many ways of taking notes, but they must allow you to________________ contained in them and connect them together.
Complete the following notes according to the information given by the tutor. Use NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
Title of lecture: Write it down 34__________________
Direct signal For example 35______________you get this down.”
Indirect signal Pausing. Speaking slowly, loudly. Using stress.
Repetition 30________________and add new information.
Book recommendation Tutor usually 37________________reading whole book.
General advice Avoid repetition 38________________obvious points.
Summarize important ideas.
Complete the following notes on recommended books. Use NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS.
|39____________||Tony Lynch||6 and 12|
|Learning to Study in English||Brian Heaton and Don Dunmore||40________________|
Section 1, Questions 1-10
6. Hectrix Electronics
8. first aid kit
9. K758 SMD
Section 2, Questions 11-20
11. (from) friends
13. lot of foreigners
14. (they) changed planes
15. buildings and monuments
16. crowds (and) (bad) weather
18. IN EITHER ORDER
20. IN EITHER ORDER
Section 3, Questions 21-30
25. part(s) of speech
27. spider diagrams
29. word or phrase
Section 4, Questions 31-40
32. deeper understanding
33. reproduce the ideas
34. in full
35. Make sure
36. Go back
37. doesn’t suggest
39. Study Listening
40. IN EITHER ORDER
BONUS EXERCISE: GAP-FILLING
The texts below are transcript for your IELTS Listening Practice Test. To make the most out of this transcript, we removed some words from the texts and replaced with spaces. You have to fill each space with the missing word by listening to the audio for this IELTS listening practice test.
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!