In the Listening Test 84, you will hear 4 audio recordings and answer questions 1-40.
Section 1 is a conversation between a man and a saleswoman.
Section 2 is a conversation between an interviewer and an interviewee.
Section 3 is a conversation among a group of people discussing the different types of learners and how to teach them.
Section 4 is a lecture on notes taking.
- 1 Section 1
- 2 Section 2
- 3 Section 3
- 4 Section 4
- 5 Answers
Complete the following information about the cars available for rental using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR NUMBERS for each answer.
|Name||Size||Miles per gallon||Price*|
|*Prices include tax and 4_____________|
Complete the following information using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR NUMBERS for each answer.
|Address||7_____________________ Arlington Close, Beddleton, Yorkshire.|
Complete the following sentences.
8. In the car, there is a _____________and a torch.
9. The registration number of the car is_______________.
10. The car uses a______________ locking system.
Answer the following questions using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
11. How did the traveler hear about New York?
12. How many times had the traveler flown by plane?
13. What surprised the traveler about New York’s airport?
14. What happened in London?
Complete the following sentences using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
15. The traveler liked the different kinds of______________________
16. Things that the traveler didn’t like in New York were the_____________________
17. From the flat, the traveler could see the___________________
Choose the correct answer or answers from A-D.
18. The traveler found New Yorkers to be
19. Which people showed the traveler around New York?
A. Her friend.
B. Her friends.
C. Her friends’ neighbors.
20. What events did the traveler see?
A. A chess tournament.
B. The Feast of San Gennaro.
C. The Annual African American Day Parade.
D. Richmond County Fair.
Also check: IELTS Listening preparation tips
Complete the notes on how to teach kind esthetic learners using only ONE word for each gap.
21. Gestures-especially _____________ones.
22. Spell out words in the_____________.
23. Put _______________on board and students label it.
24. Students ______________out words and others guess them.
Complete the following sentences about visual learners using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
25. Flash cards can be different colors according to the____________________.
26. Students can ____________________words In texts and ask their partners for meanings.
27. Lastly, Tina points out that ____________________can be used.
Complete the summary on auditory learners using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each gap.
Students listen to a 28_________________ and draw what they hear or the teacher could describe a picture and the teacher and students can see whose picture was closest to the original.
Each student gets a flashcard and holds up their card when the 29__________ is used in a song, poem or story. Students add a sentence to a story, including the word on their flashcard.
The teacher gives the students lyrics with some words replaced by 30____________ words. Students listen to the song and make corrections.
Complete the following sentences according to the information given by the tutor.
Use NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
31. Note taking improves your ability to ________________on what the speaker says.
32. Note taking allows you to get a _________________of the material being presented.
33. There are many ways of taking notes, but they must allow you to________________ contained in them and connect them together.
Complete the following notes according to the information given by the tutor.
Use NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
Title of lecture: Write it down 34__________________
Direct signal For example 35______________ you get this down.”
Indirect signal Pausing. Speaking slowly, loudly. Using stress.
Repetition 30________________ and add new information.
Book recommendation Tutor usually 37________________ reading whole book.
General advice Avoid repetition 38________________ obvious points.
Summarize important ideas.
Complete the following notes on recommended books. Use NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS.
|39____________||Tony Lynch||6 and 12|
|Learning to Study in English||Brian Heaton and Don Dunmore||40________________|
6. Hectrix Electronics
8. first aid kit
9. K758 SMD
11. (from) friends
13. lot of foreigners
14. (they) changed planes
15. buildings and monuments
16. crowds (and) (bad) weather
18. A, D (in either order)
20. B, D (in either order)
25. part(s) of speech
27. spider diagrams
29. word or phrase
32. deeper understanding
33. reproduce the ideas
34. in full
35. Make sure
36. Go back
37. doesn’t suggest
39. Study Listening
40. 5, 10 (in either order)
Continue with…Test 85